Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I was there" - new game

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
saltash seagull said:
i was there 92 winning 3 2 at exeter with a last minute winner from darron wilkinson! steve cotterell and fozzy also scored

I was almost there, 1996, about 90-odd Albion at Exeter, us losing 2-1 and me bumping into Denny Munday in the newsagents across the road from St James' Park as he was buying ten B&H after the game.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:
I was almost there, 1996, about 90-odd Albion at Exeter, us losing 2-1 and me bumping into Denny Munday in the newsagents across the road from St James' Park as he was buying ten B&H after the game.

i was there. the smallest bloke on the pitch, paul mcdonald, scored a header.

what about milwall at home in the auto windscreen. it was 98-99, and it was at gillingham. we went 1-0 up thanks to jamie moralee, but went on to lose 5-1

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Cheeky Monkey said:

I was there - our goal was a header from Paul MacDonald.

A few years before that I was at the Goldstone in a tiny crowd on a freezing night to watch us beat Charlton in the Simod/ZDS/whatever trophy. I have never been so thoroughly frozen at a game as I was that night nor have I ever seen the Goldstone so empty for a first team home game.

I was t-t-t-t-tthere...............................................

as I was at Newcastle in 1992 when we won 1-0 thanks to a Mark Gall goal that no-one saw as it was right down the other end. Oh the delight as we walked out of SJP amidst rumours that keegan had quit as we sent them bottom of the old Second Division

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Storer68 said:
I was t-t-t-t-tthere...............................................

as I was at Newcastle in 1992 when we won 1-0 thanks to a Mark Gall goal that no-one saw as it was right down the other end. Oh the delight as we walked out of SJP amidst rumours that keegan had quit as we sent them bottom of the old Second Division

i think i went to that, on the old junior seagulls coach, although i would've been 4 or 5 then

how about cardiff away in 96-97. we lost 3-1, and were put in a small section of seats in the main stand

D

Deleted User X18H

smudge said:
Peterbboro away in cup. 2-2. Snowing, massive Albion following. Again '85 I think.

Sorry to be boring,but that was march 1986 I was there too
Won the replay 1-0 still snowing Dean Saunders

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Scotty M said:
i think i went to that, on the old junior seagulls coach, although i would've been 4 or 5 then

how about cardiff away in 96-97. we lost 3-1, and were put in a small section of seats in the main stand

Cardiff in about 94, we were 2-1 up into injury time and they equalised with the last kick of the game. It was one of those where people were not unhappy with the result as the local woolie backs were getting restless and getting out of the place alive seemed beneficial.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I was there! how about winning 1 0 at rotherham under brady when codner scored in a relegation battle! they had Imre varadi up front and 2 days earlier he'd been on tv on some documentary bout beating his missis up! hahaha did he get stick big time

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
when we won the third division ttile against cheterfield. the best part (apart from dc's header) was the massive brown paper bag :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
seagulljaz said:
when we won the third division ttile against cheterfield. the best part (apart from dc's header) was the massive brown paper bag :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

i was there!

what about scarbrough away in 97-98, it was a friday night and they scored the winner when mark ormerod was down injured

Stumpy Tim

Scotty M said:
i was there. cambridge away 98-99, it was a friday night in october, it pissed down with rain and we won 3-2 with rod thomas scoring on his debut

I remember that. I was in Chumleys, Wimbledon with Simster's mates while Simster was writing his speeches for his wedding the following day

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
One I was at! We were kept in for ages at the end.

Jul 20, 2003
I was there when the ref took a bite out of the apple that was tossed onto the pitch near Gabbiadonkey on a poxy snowy evening in the late 80s

and I think I was there with Duncan H

Jul 20, 2003
b***loxks didn't read the rules, anyway I was at the Newcastle game - drunk,

As I was when we came back from 1-0 down at Leeds Road the season before the Macalpine was built - another snowy one

3-1 GET IN THERE

went with a Vale fan, a Man U fan and an Everton fan - all agreed that we were fan-bloody-tastic

next season wasn't so good

when I was stuck in a little corner of the home end due to a somewhat less than obvious sell out of the away end

2 for the price of one!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what about hartlepool away i 96-97, the only game we won away that antire season

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i was there mark morris scored on his debut!

how about winning 3 1 at shrewsbury when minton hart and the bear scored and we made 5 away wins on the trot 2 beat the record

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Halifax Away 0-0 the mighty Will Packham made his debut for the albion.

think it was the third time the game was supposed to be played - warthogs on the pitch or something.

was a thursday night if memory serves me right because of fixture backlog - we may have already won the 3rd division by then

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yes, Packham came on for last 20. Had been up there twice already and was not happy; the second time I got to the car park before realising it was off. Listened to Mansfeild v Cardiff Instead.

Ipswich away last year in the silly cup. Dean Hammond scored to make the journey worthwhile for the 388 of us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here