Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I was there" - new game

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The rules are that you can only reply if you went to the away game described by the poster above. In your reply, you have to describe another away game.

I'll start:
Charlton away in 1984. 7,500 at the Valley - half the crowd were Albion fans. Gary O'Reilly put us in front after 46 seconds which turned out to be the winner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope can't reply as I wasn't there :dunce:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
CAFC Matt said:
Good game :lolol:

Were you there to watch your team lose then? Not many fans think it's a good game when their team loses to a 1st minute goal (ironic):lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
f*** it. Start again.

Play off final , 59,940 including nearly 11,000 Notts County fans :lolol:

And Tommy Ginger twat Johnson scored and they shouldn't have had a corner and EVERYTHING.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was there.

Plymouth away with 1,600 other Albion, Zamora scored - Albion had promotion confirmed out of division 3.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was there - Bristol City div 2 Champiuonship season. Zamora scored the winning goal. 14,000 crowd and the best Albion noise for years

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was at that Charlton game, it was New Years Day, I could swear big Eric Young got the winner though. Tony Towner came on as sub for Charlton & got a massive cheer from Albion fans.

What about Aldershot away in the league cup, I think it was '85. Were we 3-1 ahead & got beat 3-0 at their place. Shocking scenes at the end! (Funny though.)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Safeway you git, you know damn well there were only about 40 others there!

This is going to deteriorate into a competition to see who can come up with the most obscure and unpopular game!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simster said:

I'll start:
Charlton away in 1984. 7,500 at the Valley - half the crowd were Albion fans. Gary O'Reilly put us in front after 46 seconds which turned out to be the winner.

I was there! Aged 13 and suffering from what must have been my first hangover. The game - our goal was besieged after Gary O Reilly's 46th second goal - didn't improve matters, nor did the freezing weather.

I was there:

Charlton - in about 1978? Midweek and Malcolm Poskett scored a hat-trick for us to win 3-0. That might have been my first away trip.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was there.

Reading away, 1987. Kevin Bremner scored the winner for them with a header and we got relegated. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here