Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was talking to a man tonight...

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
...at the Australia - Germany game.

Working at something to do with the new stadium.

It IS gonna be sponsored by Amex. They're 9 months ahead of target on selling boxes/seats.

Also, Tony B has a squad of 300 sports boffins gathering stats on every player/match in the country (who knows, could be wider) passing them on to Gus for transfers/games etc...

Reckons we'll be in the Premiership in the next 5 years...

Just thought I'd pass that on...

D

Deleted User X18H

It IS gonna be sponsored by Amex. They're 9 months ahead of target on selling boxes/seats.

Also, Tony B has a squad of 300 sports boffins gathering stats on every player/match in the country (who knows, could be wider) passing them on to Gus for transfers/games etc...

Brilliant!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom

So, you're in SA watching Germany V Australia and you happen to meet a bloke working on the stadium?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So, you're in SA watching Germany V Australia and you happen to meet a bloke working on the stadium? ....

... who had had a few beers, got chatting, and wanted to impress you with his inside knowledge?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"man in pub" aside (and you would expect someone working on the falmer project to be enthused) it is all good news at least :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It wasn't the Aussie who runs the onsite sales team was it?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The army of boffins bit is interesting. Being a poker player and gambler, stats are obviously incredibly important to him. I like the sound if that.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The army of boffins bit is interesting. Being a poker player and gambler, stats are obviously incredibly important to him. I like the sound if that.

That sounds reasonable (not sure about the 300 though). Bloom has made his fortune in statistical analysis so it makes sense that he would do this.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Frankly I'm surprised it was possible to glean that much detail over the sound of the UWE SEELERS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here