Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
51XJ5nAlrrL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Looks like he'd be good in the air

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What? So he can fall over a bit? There's reason he's not getting on the bench, that's because Noone and Buckley are better.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
who is this then ?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
All jokes aside, I don't think Lua Lua would have made any difference last night. Pains me to say but I don't think he's good enough for this level. His injury has lost him his explosive pace and that was his game was based around.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
All jokes aside, I don't think Lua Lua would have made any difference last night. Pains me to say but I don't think he's good enough for this level. His injury has lost him his explosive pace and that was his game was based around.

I'm inclined to agree he wouldn't have made a difference last night, however I reckon it's a bit much to say he's not good enough for this level. Some of his wing play, particularly his deliveries this year have been absolute quality.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm inclined to agree he wouldn't have made a difference last night, however I reckon it's a bit much to say he's not good enough for this level. Some of his wing play, particularly his deliveries this year have been absolute quality.

He's going to have to learn to change his game a bit, whereas before he could just knock the ball past a defender and speed onto it again, now he doesn't have the acceleration to do that. His crosses have been good at times (other times woeful) but he needs more than that to feature regularly in the first XI. As above, Noone and Buckley are way ahead of him at the moment in that respect

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Agreed.
He's got round his man plenty of times this season but nearly always ended up being fouled. Trouble is, its aways as a sub. Give him 90 minutes against someone and they WILL end up reduced to 10 men, or walking on eggshells because of a yellow. We also need to make a bit more from the resulting set pieces (which have been pretty ropey for the most part this season).

Lua Lua has sent in some terrific balls from out wide this season, its not his fault they've not been converted into goals, and get 'forgotten about' as a result. He's still got a lot to offer IMO.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It is a disgrace he is not starting when sparrow & dicker are getting match time...we are just too defensive, one goal in the last 8 yes 8 1st halves, our formation of 7-0-3 ain't doing it...Lua Lua was our BEST player til Xmas when we went well clear and puts other teams on the back foot...attack is the best means of defence, not the 'possession obsession' (good phrase ive just invented?!) that we have now...lua Lua scares defenders & to not use him is a disgrace

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If you had seen Lua Lua's pathetic 10 minutes vs Millwall you wouldn't want him to start. I think the lad's been found out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here