Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Want my Say on the Dwayne Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpy Tim

I think bozza closed that thread a bit prematurely - us foreign-based NSCers may have an opinion.

I don't mean to say anything out of line, but NSC was recently closed down due to legal action being threatened for abusive postings. What's the difference between the person who did this & dwayne?? It's double-standards.

Personally I think dwayne should never have been banned.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
i would like to see him back just cos i like laughing at him:lolol: he is first class entertainment, even if its not in the way he intends it to be

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although I was never subject to any feud or major disagreement with Dwayne, I have seen far more offensive posts by the "popular" posters on here than I ever saw from Dwayne. There does seem to be different rules for different posters. I don't know how offensive he may have been but there were some pretty unpleasant attacks made on him as well, which seemed to be ignored.

NSC posters wanted him banned so I guess that's fair enough but I never had a major problem with him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Icy, the thing is that Dwayne had a nasty habit of getting very personal. Factor in the fact that he was a consumate liar and bullshitter maybe you can see why he earnt his ban.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The fact that dwayne isn't the most abusive or offensive poster is neither here nor there - he was warned countless times about his conduct and that he may be banned permanently if he didn't change, yet he chose to ignore those warnings. Tough titty I'm afraid. But it's a shame because I preferred the board with dwayne on here.

NSC isn't a democracy, and that's been made perfectly clear on many occasions. The lack of consistency is very irritating at times but on the whole the people who run the board do a good job. I reckon most of us agree, which is presumably why we are all still on here.

Stumpy Tim said:
NSC was recently closed down due to legal action being threatened for abusive postings. What's the difference between the person who did this & dwayne?? It's double-standards.

Spot on. Reckon NSC should ban the person who was responsible for.............ooo, hang on. Scrub that.

Dwayne's a ginger ****. :)

Stumpy Tim

Re: Re: I Want my Say on the Dwayne Thread!

Safeway said:
Spot on. Reckon NSC should ban the person who was responsible for.............ooo, hang on. Scrub that.

:D

I don't think banning is the way forward, but I'm a wishy-washy Liberal

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: I Want my Say on the Dwayne Thread!

Safeway said:

not clever safeway :p

and as for Dwayne - its not his sand pit, nor is it mine, if you want to play here, then play by the rules, you may not agree with them all the time or the way they are dished out - but tough!! The rest of us seem to be able to have intelligent/stupid debates without resorting to personal insult or the way he dealt with Roz - so he can stay in his little JP Morgan pram until he gets a bit older!!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Personally I think the board is a much better place without him. Threads can now remain on the same topic much longer without being 'Dwayned'. There are no more lies about getting bottled or dead sisters. Pretty sick stuff. He only offers an opinion against the flow to get a reaction not because he believes it. It takes the whole board into disrepute. As Simster said, he's been warned countless times, now I'm afraid it's time to reap it! To be honest the fact that we're still even talking about him is a shame. I can see him at home now wanking over his keyboard. Not a pretty sight!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lush said:
We had a vote. The majority voted to get rid. You can't get much more democratic than that.

Did we have a vote to ban the poster whose post threatened to close the board down? Thought not.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Simster said:
Did we have a vote to ban the poster whose post threatened to close the board down? Thought not.

No - but I think a bit of self-regulation has been evident since - and the re-emergence of NSP has helped a lot too :)

Simster said:

Without wishing to drag the whole subject up again - especially seeing as Bozza has specificallky asked that it be left alone - I would like to point out that, having spoken personally with the person who made the complaint, it wasn't the original poll that caused as much offence as the fact that certain people said they would rather be a certain type of person that another.

Titanic, I agree 100%. :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
someone was warned to curb their behaviour but carried on. They where temporaily banned, but when they came back they carried on as before. another temporay ban was imposed, in fact several iirc. Still no change in behaviour.

The way i see it, how can you let that person carry on like that? What choice do you has but to permenantly ban? If you dont, then every other fool thinks they can behave the same way and get away with it.

I like NSC because it seems to have a simple rule: Anything goes as long as you dont cross the line. The line is unknown, but will be indicated to you when crossed. If you dont move back behind the line then off you go. This leads to a rich and interesting board where you can get outlandish behaviour and fringe opinons that most boards wouldnt tolerate. But you still need some rule to control the chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here