Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
36" sony for me:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
LCD pisses on plasma apparently, and they last longer. Wish I could afford one.

:(

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Preparing myself for a flaming.

I don't se eteh point in all these flash tv's. You still only get the same programmes on them.

Suppose i don't watch much telly or movies so maybe thats why i think i that. Quite happy with my bog standrd 25" Panasonic.

One of my Mates has got one cost him 3 grand or something, silly money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Normal TV I'd agree Goring, not a lot of point. Who cares about seeing Corrie splashed across 36 inches ?
However, those big screens come into their own when you bung a DVD on (with surround sound). I've got it all except the big TV. Have to make do with my 28 incher for now.

Ahem.

Last edited:

The problem with older sets is size.

Why spend so much money on a house and take up so much of your living space with TV.

Buy an LCD and stick it on the wall...cracking!

On this basis I think having a large old size TV is actually a false economy. Try selling it to the missus on that basis :lolol:

Last edited:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Hungry Joe said:
For picture quality you still can't beat a traditional tube tv. If you've got a reasonable amount of cash to splash I'd say look no further than a Panasonic.

Tube tv will give you the best quality - spend as much as you can on one of them - I would go Sony 100hz digital widescreen!

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
keep your old tv for corrie and easybenders and get yourself a SANYO z2 Projector for your movies. I ve got one and its brills. Projects straightr onto my living room wall. Sit back with popcorn and away you go. You can pick a projector up for ~500 sheets now. Check ebay out.

roadtrip

Aug 21, 2005
43" plasma HDTV - It's the nuts - so what if it's got a 5 year lifespan - I'll just buy another one!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If it's 32" you are looking for go for the Loewe Concept L32. It's LCD and Hi-Def compliant, and for Loewe extremely well priced at a list figure of £1800 but if you go to the Pricerunner link here from the top of NSC £1610

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Most Plasma screens today will last around 10 years (not five). The benefit they have over LCD's is that they handle fast moving objects like a football / cricket ball without any tracing. I've got a 42" plasma on the wall in the living room and a small 28" LCD in the bedroom.

In my opinion if you're going to go for a large screen then go for plasma and make sure it is HD ready and has at least 3 scart ouputs. A decent Plasma will only set you back between 2 and 3 grand which is peanuts compared to what they used to cost. It's the best way of blowing a months salary for something that will last a number of years - just don't tell the other half how much it cost.

For Movies and Sport the large screens look the business.

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
I am considering upgrading my 32" widescreen traditional tele to a 42" Panasonic HD ready plasma at about £2500. You have got to actually see the set in store with a proper HD demo to realise how amazing the picture is.

However after thinking about it I have decided to wait until the HD broadcasts actually begin. Hopefully prices may have dropped, or specs improved for the same price. Germany 2006 might be the time, it is supposed to be broadcast in HD.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
gvce26 said:
Tube tv will give you the best quality - spend as much as you can on one of them - I would go Sony 100hz digital widescreen!

Yep, has to be 100hz for amazing picture quality. The Sony's are excellent, had a 28 incher but replaced it with a 32inch Panasonic QunitrixSR Acuity which is the nuts; was rated by What TV & Hi-Fi last year as having the best picture they'd seen on any tv anywhere. Also they look nice and sleek (from the front!) as the speakers are set underneath the screen rather than to either side. If you've got between £750 and a £1k to spend then go for a Panasonic or Sony (if you've got the room and a strong back).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here