Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i walked out at half time

unbelievable thread?!?

"I bought a ticket for a football match. The team are doing really well. We have a great squad and we won the match... But I I didnt want to support them because ... the pies were awful ... the stewards weren't being nice to me ... they didn't roll out the red carpet." wtf?

Some of us don't know what we have at the moment.

What on earth could have made you want to leave at half time?

JCL:facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
as for attention seeking...yeah righto

Mate, starting a whole thread about something clearly a bit controversial and quite interesting, and then leaving out the ACTUAL story, does some across as slightly attention-seeking, which doesn't seem like you at all.

Either tell us what happened or leave it, surely? Don't see the point in going halfway.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
1st game with my grandad in 1966 chum.
i wasnt flouncing over the catering alone...its how the club in general seem to view us.
we are mere commodities now.
money, money money.
sign of the times i guess.
football will fuckin eat itself.
no one cares about the fans anymore...all about profit.
AMEX = cash cow

Just wait until we get to the Premier League ...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
@Muhammed 'im hard' Bruce Lee is mates with John "the twat with the hat" Westwood who got kicked yesterday apparrently - is this the reason for leaving at HT ???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
....and stay away

the club has one less nob around

i DARE you to say it to his face. trust me if dave is f***ed off then its quite serious. he was at wrexham away so dont you dare say he is a jcl or anything like that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were that at almost exactly the same time then. I got there about 2:30, walked straight up to the "eCash or Amex Card only" till, got my chicken and ham pie and bottle of water for £5 from a very pleasant young lady and then went off and sat down to eat my pie and then read some of the programme. I only read Gus' comments though, as the other season ticket holders around me arrived and we had a conversation about the Cardiff game, the season ticket prices for next season, the subsidised travel (the bad men next to me have been abusing the current system! Oh, the horror!) and what a lovely day it was. Fan zone came on, we all boogied on down for a bit, I encouraged them to join in with the words to Sussex By The Sea (the old dear who sits on my left thoroughly enjoyed the sing-a-long), and then game kicked off and all was very good. I enjoyed the match today more than I've enjoyed a match since the Burnley game. Brilliant atmosphere, the Portsmouth fans sounded good on occaison, and the game was very watchable. The only downside was an impatient, angry swine in the row behind me who was furious about everything. Other than that, it was fantastic.

I then thought I'd go off and see my mum in Bevendean, I thought a quick stroll up Falmer Road (What a sight...);
View attachment 30839
I then missed the path I needed to take, and ended up in Woodingdean and had to walk all the way around to Jacobs Ladder. So I stopped off in Uncle Sams, got a bottle of drink from a crap newsagents nearby (not going there again), and then headed off along Warren Road, and Jacobs Ladder. My cat was in a good mood and was friendly, my mum was happy enough and had a bus ticket so I didn't have to walk home.

Really, really enjoyed it today. Sorry you didn't have the same experience.
Blimey Ninja, it's lucky my Mum doesn't live in Bevedean, because I'd be really confused how I managed to post on your sig.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
What on earth happened to make you feel that pissed off you decided to walk at 45 mins?

Maybe if you told us - then it might be a little easier to understand? It must have been something pretty annoying for one of you lot to leave at half time?!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave has a point about stewarding, which probably relates to the chap who was trying and then calling in the response stewards, to get people to sit down.

Speaking to one of them yesterday, seemly the issue of standing in the north stand has been subject to specific complaints made to the club management. For those of you not in the n stand, I think it was the Cardiff game, after half time, there was an issue with a fan who had brought along some kiddies and they were sat three rows from the back, and left crying as they couldn't see anything and seemly one fan had told the father to " f*** off to the family stand" and then threatened the dad in front of the kids when he asked people to move to one side so his kids could see.

I think the problem is that the club should make it known when selling tickets or when people acquire tickts that the back 10 or so rows will be full of people standing, therefore it is not advisable to be short or bring your kids in there.

I think richard h suggested at the presentations that it would be the last 5 rows wich would be assumed to be standing, but it now appears to be the Majority of the stand.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Dave has a point about stewarding, which probably relates to the chap who was trying and then calling in the response stewards, to get people to sit down.

Speaking to one of them yesterday, seemly the issue of standing in the north stand has been subject to specific complaints made to the club management. For those of you not in the n stand, I think it was the Cardiff game, after half time, there was an issue with a fan who had brought along some kiddies and they were sat three rows from the back, and left crying as they couldn't see anything and seemly one fan had told the father to " f*** off to the family stand" and then threatened the dad in front of the kids when he asked people to move to one side so his kids could see.

I think the problem is that the club should make it known when selling tickets or when people acquire tickts that the back 10 or so rows will be full of people standing, therefore it is not advisable to be short or bring your kids in there.

I think richard h suggested at the presentations that it would be the last 5 rows wich would be assumed to be standing, but it now appears to be the Majority of the stand.

Telling someone to 'f*** off to the family stand' - out of order

Buying tickets 3 rows from the back of the North Stand to take children - epic fail. What did he expect.

The steweards have been noticeably more tolerant of late in the North but yesterday, there seemed to be a bit more activity over where Dave stands. If he decided things were so bad he couldn't stick around then it MUST have been serious. Those questioning his fan credentials are f***ing cretins to be honest.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
telling someone to 'f*** off to the family stand' - out of order

buying tickets 3 rows from the back of the north stand to take children - epic fail. What did he expect.

The steweards have been noticeably more tolerant of late in the north but yesterday, there seemed to be a bit more activity over where dave stands. If he decided things were so bad he couldn't stick around then it must have been serious. Those questioning his fan credentials are f***ing cretins to be honest.

word.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Mate, starting a whole thread about something clearly a bit controversial and quite interesting, and then leaving out the ACTUAL story, does some across as slightly attention-seeking, which doesn't seem like you at all.

Either tell us what happened or leave it, surely? Don't see the point in going halfway.

Sums up my feelings. I read this thread whilst having a shit. Quite appropriate I think

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The steward who was going up & down aisle B trying to get people to sit down was not one of the regular ones - in fact I can't remember seeing him before yesterday. He pissed several people off in the first half & then brought the supervisor in to speak to one
particular fan. His efforts resulted in the inevitable "Stand Up If You Hate Palace" chant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here