Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I thought we were bloody marvellous on Saturday

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Yes, I know we fell asleep and gifted them their goals. BUT I thought we were excellent for much of Saturday's game. Leon tried his pants off, Carole looked lively and exciting. McShane had another great game, pushing forward as well as looking pretty composed at the back.

I feel rejuvenated, revived and really quite excited about the season ahead.

Bring on Hull!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
What a lovely post.

Mr%20Men.gif

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't agree.

To be bloody marvellous we must play without conceeding sloppy goals.

I was excited with carole though!

Re: Re: I thought we were bloody marvellous on Saturday

The Auditor said:
So do I but Chippy and Oatway are past their sell by date

And comments like that are as fresh as when they were first trotted out years ago :)

Eastlondon has the tone exactly right, we are not giving enough credit to how well the Albion played on Saturday.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: I thought we were bloody marvellous on Saturday

London Irish said:
And comments like that are as fresh as when they were first trotted out years ago :)

Eastlondon has the tone exactly right, we are not giving enough credit to how well the Albion played on Saturday.

There were some positives on Saturday, for 60 odd minutes we looked comfortable, but then we shipped 2 goals, so that is not good. So we did not play well. To snatch a draw from the jaws of what looked to be an easy victory is not good. We can start giving credit when they start performing for 90 minutes and get positive results.

Now in the teams defence it is a new side and will take time to bed down, but we did not play well for the full 90 minutes.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was disappointed with the two goals conceded but delighted we fought back and got a goal to equalise. We could have thrown the towel in there and then.

We are playing better this season than before and are already in a better position with points against teams played in comparison to last season.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
LI get real ..i really think chippy can do a job but i think charlie lacks in skill but
certainly dosent by effort. yeswe can improve and if we pay a handsome fee then yes we can improve.. but until we do lets make the most of charlie .. but he aint the best !

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
i am really excitied about the team MM is building.

It is starting to have real flair and gritt. When they are gel together which wil take some time, i believe we will be a VERY strong team, and could easily hold our own in theis division!!

Good times ahead me finks!!:lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
And we are still above Palarse so we must be doing something right.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I agree with ELS. I thought we did play a much more positive game than we have been used to in recent months. Leon lokked good in Midfield, Mcshane is tops and Jakey looked good when he came on. I know Crewe were poor but they have been playing well and thus we must have done to make them look extra ordinary.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
It will also take a bit of time for all the new players to gel. Mid October is when IMHO the league really starts to get the shape for the season. i.e Plymouth were top at this stage last season and almost went down.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
B.M.F said:
And we are still above Palarse so we must be doing something right.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I agree with ELS. I thought we did play a much more positive game than we have been used to in recent months. Leon lokked good in Midfield, Mcshane is tops and Jakey looked good when he came on. I know Crewe were poor but they have been playing well and thus we must have done to make them look extra ordinary.

:clap:

We were by no means perfect, but the way we played (in spells, granted) was great to watch. Last year, Crewe whipped our arses twice. We made them look very average indeed on Saturday. Give the lads a little time and we'll be fine. Onwards and upwards :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
B.M.F said:
:

I know Crewe were poor but they have been playing well and thus we must have done to make them look extra ordinary.

Crewe are unbeaten at the moment and even Norwich could only get a draw with them.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Re: Re: Re: I thought we were bloody marvellous on Saturday

Originally posted by The Auditor
So do I but Chippy and Oatway are past their sell by date

London Irish said:

yes but now they really are...its time to upgrade the midfield..Oatway and Carpenter are completely off the pace of the game these days

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Its amazing what sort of players you can get once you get shot of all the has beens we had,looking promising as we now for once have players who go past other players:lolol:

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
eastlondonseagull said:
Yes, I know we fell asleep and gifted them their goals. BUT I thought we were excellent for much of Saturday's game. Leon tried his pants off, Carole looked lively and exciting. McShane had another great game, pushing forward as well as looking pretty composed at the back.

I feel rejuvenated, revived and really quite excited about the season ahead.

Bring on Hull!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I think Timothy had an extra slice of 'Amsterdam quiche' before going to the game !!:lolol: '

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here