Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think the top six now...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
... will be the top six at the end of the season, I believe ([MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION]) they are the six form teams out of the promotion hunters?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Cheers @Acker79 but I meant the sides in with a chance, knocking the Derby's, Ipswich's and Watford's out of it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Looking at things optimistically we should be able to get:

Burnley away- Win
Reading home- Draw
West Ham away- Loss
Watford home- Win
Birmingham home- Draw
Barnsley away- Win

That'd leave us on 74 points which should be enough to clinch fourth or fifth place- fingers crossed eh.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Burnley away- Win
Reading home- Draw
West Ham away- Loss
Watford home- Win
Birmingham home- Draw
Barnsley away- Win

That'd leave us on 74 points which should be enough to clinch fourth or fifth place- fingers crossed eh.

I don't even think that's optimistic. Im convinced we'll beat west ham.

Burnley away- Win
Reading home- Draw
West Ham away- Loss
Watford home- Win
Birmingham home- Draw
Barnsley away- Win

On current form I would be far more optimistic about the West Ham game but less so about Burnley, Reading and possibly even Watford who have won the last three away on the bounce.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The West Ham prediction is based on the fact that we struggle against the hoofball teams and i expect they will have sorted their act out by the time we play them. Obviously on recent form it's a game we should really be getting something out of- we'll see.
Watford is going to be a very tricky game- another hoofball team in great form that we really struggled against at VR. Mind you, we have improved a bloody lot since then.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You think so, really?

I think Boro will shade us too. That assumes they beat Cardiff Saturday .. but if Cardiff manage to mug them then I think Cardiff will edge us out. If they draw that will be good enough to have us finish 6th if we can come away with something from Burnley. That's just the impact of 2 games next week, there's a gazillion variables still and it's just too close to call, but I think our odds lengthened significantly after failing to beat Boro

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For me the loss of Bridcutt is a massive blow. It's gonna be tight but then look back to Deano's last minute free kick against Ipswich to secure the last play off place.

:thumbsup:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
its not the last 8 games you want to consider its the next 6 and they are pretty tough. Personally i think we miss out but im still praying we make it.

Absolutely agree ... all have suffered inconsistency and anyone that can put any sort of a run together now will be in the mix. Blackpool have by far the "easiest" run in so they are my fav's. Cardiff run in is next easiest but they really are all at sea and I can see Boro doing them Saturday and they've then lost complete impetus so ruling them out (for now!). The Brum game in hand is huge at this time of year and reckon they could make full use of it.

Will be between us and Boro I think for 6th

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
On current form I would be far more optimistic about the West Ham game but less so about Burnley, Reading and possibly even Watford who have won the last three away on the bounce.

WDWDWWW ... pretty impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here