Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think some people need to get a grip.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Listening to the phone-in over the last week or so I must say I think things are beginning to get a little out of proportion.

Spurs away in the Cup.

Fantastic. Brighton........a club with a well-known floating support who do like a big day out.

6,000 tickets. Some people are going to be disappointed. The writing was on the wall on day one. that this was going to get messy.

I don't disagree that there may be better ways to give the tickets out but I cannot think of one so cannot complain.

I have been in recent years to Canvey Island, Bolton, Oldham, Sudbury, Lincoln, Scunthorpe, all the shitty places where we got dumped out of the Cup..........oh and Leyton Orient.

I was lucky enough to go to the two Cup Final games, the 91 play-off game, Sheff Wed in the semi final, man Utd away in the FA Cup, Liverpool away in the Cup, so I have had some great days out, including the Millenium stadium.

I have counted that I have missed 24 games since 1991. Not a bad effort.

I pay my money for a season ticket because this means that when I piss money away in the first two weeks of a month I can still go an watch my beloved Albion.

No priorities, just easier for me.

Did I apply for the Spurs game? Yes. Did I get a ticket? No. That in my opinion is tough shit.

I cannot afford at this time of year to go and pay a tout 50 quid for a ticket so I will not be going.

To read on here some of (in my opinion) the reaction from some who have not got a ticket is going a little over the top. And then to listen to some of these desperate retards on the phone-in is just agony and shameful.

Harty has done a lot for the club in his own way but that thing now is beginning to sound like some Darby and Jones club. whingin twats who I daresay have watched the club, but instead of ringing in to talk about a manager who has just delivered the best festive results package, in the highest division we have been for years, with players that cost nothing, they want to moan about a f***ing meaningless FA Cup tie at Spurs.

I am sure it will be a great day out and I wish to God I was going. But I am not and that is the end of it. I will though be at Sheff Utd and Cardiff, and I feel these people will probably not.

At a time when nearly 200,000 people have been killed in a diaster and tens of thousands of others a re starving, when we walk past people in doorways starving in our own cities, when there are thousands of children being abused in a 'civilised society' and we, as a planet seem intent destroying each other in the name of god, can we try and keep things in perspective?

I am disappointed not to be going, but my life is not quite so bad. What ever is said on here, it is only a game, and in the small little scheme of our Albion, not a very important one at that ( apart from the cash!).

Come on folks, keep it real!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
DTs starting to get a rep with these Hand On Heart posts...a good one at that!

Well said. I hesitate to add anything else to this overdone subject but I came across a programme yesterday for our 3rd Div championship season which reminded me about the setting up of AMS in 2000, as a result of the scramble for the 2,000 tickets for the Aldershot cup tie, which sold out in one day. They all went to ST holders, and left a lot of fans disgruntled, so the board set up AMS to create a fairer playing field. The board originally proposed a points system to reward those fans who went to most away games but the club was deluged with protests so this idea was scrapped in less than a week.

It really just goes to show, anything the club do on this subject will create a ruck. They are damned whatever they do.

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
could not agree more. well said man

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Well said. I don't have a season ticket because when I did (for 3 seasons) work kept me away from half the home matches. So I follow them away when I can and home if I can. And as a passionate fan for 20+ years, I should be offered the chance of a ticket for the big clashes.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i heard theres a few spurs tickets left! im sure if anyone really wanted to see the game they could just get a spurs ticket?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
tlgrip5pt.jpg

:D

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
When I saw the headline 'some people need to get a grip' I thought it was going to be about unusual places you have had a wank....that gives me an idea though

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I did go to Kingstonian but I think perhaps mentally am trying to forget Ndah scoring against us.

One of the worst days as an Albion fan ever.

However I missed Torquay away in the Simod Cup (or whatever it was) when we won 2-1 and Crumps scored and we then played the Palarse in the next round in front about 10,000 at the Goldstone. the two tossers scored for them and Small hit the bar and it was a good night.

But I did miss the Torquay trip, so cannot expect a Spurs ticket. I accept this completely.

Digweeds Trousers said:
I did go to Kingstonian but I think perhaps mentally am trying to forget Ndah scoring against us.

One of the worst days as an Albion fan ever.

However I missed Torquay away in the Simod Cup (or whatever it was) when we won 2-1 and Crumps scored and we then played the Palarse in the next round in front about 10,000 at the Goldstone. the two tossers scored for them and Small hit the bar and it was a good night.

But I did miss the Torquay trip, so cannot expect a Spurs ticket. I accept this completely.

That Palarse game is memorable to me for one reason. Both Wright and Bright attempting overhead kicks to the same cross and both missing. Marvellous scenes!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
London Irish said:
The board originally proposed a points system to reward those fans who went to most away games but the club was deluged with protests so this idea was scrapped in less than a week.

It really just goes to show, anything the club do on this subject will create a ruck. They are damned whatever they do.

I think most of the complaints then were because the proposal was to introduce it towards the end of a season. I'm sure there wouldn't be so many complaints if it was based on a full season or started from the beginning of one.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, DT, there are good reasons why a loyalty scheme should be in place, which is why virtually every other club has one. At the end of the day, it just rewards the most committed people and makes little difference to everyone else.

And I don't think STHs should be at the front of the queue, either, despite being one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here