Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I see lots of hate on here for palace but you wouldn't want them to go bust would you

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
surely you would rather be able to play them every year? Rivalry is one of those strange things where you want to play them and beat them but that means they have to be in the same league as you so their success or failure is similar to your own?

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i agree, we need our rivals.

And if they needed help i for one would give it to them. NOT my money, but if they were to do marches as we did in the late 90's / Fans United, i would do it.

Then disinfect myself thoroughly

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
They would never go bust, just keep going into and out of admin. I would be delighted if they spent a few seasons in the bottom division then they can stop harping on about the number of years in the top two divisions that they earnt on someone else's cash.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Would be great for them to drop down the league for a few years or so to even out the balance! But a fans united with loads of blue and white would be a great sight...................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see lots of hate on here for palace but you wouldn't want them to go bust would you
No of course not. If I was told that one English club was going to close for good, and I could pick 5 that were safe, Palace would be one of them.
surely you would rather be able to play them every year? Rivalry is one of those strange things where you want to play them and beat them but that means they have to be in the same league as you so their success or failure is similar to your own?
It's nice to play them but I don't mind not playing them every year.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course not. I'm pleased that they seem to be taking us seriously as their most despised rivals again. I was a bit concerned, after our long stint in a lower league position, that younger Albion and Palace fans may have not felt the same as us old 'uns.

Your lot were a good substitute for a few years but I'm quite fond of Orient now :rolleyes:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No. But as others have said, many years of them languishing in the bottom league or non-league football would do me fine. I would love to see just what their (already doctored) gates ended up as.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It's a love-hate relationship. How many other rivalries both work to support the same charity?
:kiss:

Plus it would be brilliant if they needed a Fans United and we turned out in the thousands? They'd owe us forever :clap:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's a love-hate relationship. How many other rivalries both work to support the same charity?
:kiss:

Plus it would be brilliant if they needed a Fans United and we turned out in the thousands? They'd owe us forever :clap:

Didn't they support ours? Not trying to be funny- just asking the question.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Go bust, no.

But they've got away with their 2 administrations so far, so one or two relegations down the pyramid would see justice done.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd like them to survive, yes. And to be honest whilst they are the team I want us to beat more than any other, I struggle to "hate" them. Conversely, I absolutely detest Portsmouth and always have.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Of course we don't want them to fold. But a long spell of lower league mediocrity, dreaming of once again being able to compete with us, that would be fine.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
I don't hate them - I don't think about them.

This. This is why I'm not a fan of the 'stand up if you hate palace' song when we're playing someone else. I'm more of a 'stay sitting down if you couldn't give a monkeys about Palace and would rather concentrate on THIS game' kind of guy.

Edit: to answer the question, no I would not like to see any club go bust.

Last edited:

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011

Yep more fans for us possibly. They don't give fig for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here