Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I-pods and i-tunes

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Ok, im a bit unsure of something, can i use 2 i-tunes library's on my i-pod?

i have i-tunes on my pc, and a different one on my lap top, my i-pod is synced with my pc, what will happen if i plug it into my lap top?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
if you have the same itunes contents on both computers it will work..

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
and if you don't, it'll start syncing up anything thats on the one its plugged it to it hasn't got... amazing design flaw they've never rectified, erm, 5 revisions of hardware and 4 of software in.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If you told your Ipod to automatically update (1st time you used it) it should automatically update on your laptop, wiping any songs you have on your Ipod.

Not 100% sure, but I think thats what happens

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So if you have songs A,B,C and D on your PC.

And songs E,F,G and H on your laptop....

If you plug your Ipod into the laptop, it will wipe songs ABCD and replace them with EFGH.

Again, I think:wave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I-tunes and IPODs are rubbish

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
bristolseagull said:
well, they're not tho are they?

stop rising to his nonsense :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
just don't let the i-pod sync automatically, in the options you can tell it do it manually sorts the problem with no hassle

MYOB said:
and if you don't, it'll start syncing up anything thats on the one its plugged it to it hasn't got... amazing design flaw they've never rectified, erm, 5 revisions of hardware and 4 of software in.

It's not a design flaw though is it, it's clearly deliberate. The idea is that it stops people being easily able to transfer music from someone else's pc (i.e. that they don't own) onto their iPod. I'm not saying that it works particularly well, but it is clearly by design.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
sten_super said:
It's not a design flaw though is it, it's clearly deliberate. The idea is that it stops people being easily able to transfer music from someone else's pc (i.e. that they don't own) onto their iPod. I'm not saying that it works particularly well, but it is clearly by design.

"Its a feature not a bug!!!"

Its a completely hindering "feature" that no other media player maker does - even other ones that sell music (Microsoft). So, its a design flaw. One they and some others will desperately try and pass off as a 'feature'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here