Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I just watched the Hartlepool highlights...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We certainly created the chances and had Barnes scored early doors it would have been 3 points in the bag.

However shit happens and no need to worry.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
On BBC... It looked liked we were all over them until 2-1
Barnes - what a sitter!!!

The number of sitters Barnes has missed have counted for less whilst we have been gobbling up the opposition but if we go an a less productive run he will have to start converting half-chances let alone ' sitters '

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
There is no way we were all over them. We were second best apart from 10 minutes at the start of the second half.

The 11 minute highlights package on Hartlepools website gives a better reflection of the game

I haven't seen the highlights but if they make it look like we were all over them then it must have taken some highly creative editing.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Half of the away end jeered the cross that led to the first goal, as we all thought that the ball was going out. The other half were pouring their flasks.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought it was a shocking bit of keeping that lead to their first.
In fairness, perhaps Greer would have been better heading it out for a corner.

It wasnt great but you cant drop him after that. Drop greer as well then...

Ankergren has had a very good season so far

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Half of the away end jeered the cross that led to the first goal, as we all thought that the ball was going out. The other half were pouring their flasks.

I thought the ball had gone out as the player heading it back over Ankergren was a foot over the line as he headed it.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
That was the second of Barnes "easy" chances. The one in the first half, he was completley unmarked 8 yards out in the middle of the goal (after Murray knocked it down), and passed it back to the keeper.

same old story. he's obviously got potential but shouldn't be starting every week. he misses LOADS of chances pretty much every match. great movement and reads the games very well... but not a natural goalscorer in my view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here