Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I just bought my season ticket!

brightonik

Oct 15, 2010
Just thought I'd share my wonderful news and gloat to those who have not yet got one.

Block N1B

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Gloating would have worked this time 2 months ago, not after 95% of people who wanted presentations have already attended one and purchased their season tickets......

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Got mine today too. South West corner (disabled area) block W1J. Sorry I know others probably couldn't care less, but I am over the moon. I must say the club staff are brilliant, and couldn't do enough for me. First class service.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Gloating would have worked this time 2 months ago, not after 95% of people who wanted presentations have already attended one and purchased their season tickets......

No they havent ! Im desperate for mine !....so im very jealous, gloat away i say

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
show off lol? i got mine last March...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Got mine today too. South West corner (disabled area) block W1J. Sorry I know others probably couldn't care less, but I am over the moon. I must say the club staff are brilliant, and couldn't do enough for me. First class service.

Glad for you. But do you think as a disabled supporter you haven't just been chucked over there? Do you think the club could have thought more about giving you a better viewing experience, or choice of stands?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Glad for you. But do you think as a disabled supporter you haven't just been chucked over there? Do you think the club could have thought more about giving you a better viewing experience, or choice of stands?

thats difficult to do with a high quality stadium like this though, did you go to Bournemouth away i think it was, they had a huge platform in the middle which was taken up for 3 disabled people which obviously is very respectable but that space could be used for about 40 fans as opposed to 3? not saying its a bad thing just posting the argument from the other side :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
thats difficult to do with a high quality stadium like this though, did you go to Bournemouth away i think it was, they had a huge platform in the middle which was taken up for 3 disabled people which obviously is very respectable but that space could be used for about 40 fans as opposed to 3? not saying its a bad thing just posting the argument from the other side :)

I didn't get to Bournemouth. I must say, as an able bodied supporter, that it seems to me that disabled supporters (especially in wheelchairs) seem to get overlooked, especially as we promote ourselves heavily as a Community Stadium. Maybe the disabled supporters are happy with their lot at the new stadium and I may be talking out of turn. I do remember Martin Perry at a forum sometime in the past saying that there would be facilities high in the West Stand that would give disable supporters fantastic views and that lifts would be available for those supporters to access that area. As it is the lifts will now only go to the 1901 level on match days. Maybe its a significant cost issue that has been rethought?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think that maybe it could have been done differently, But out of the choices I had, the South West corner was probably a better view, as it is elevated. But I also agree with MrShaun, that it really is difficult for the club to please everyone. If like Bournemouth there is a platform bang in the middle of a stand with three or four wheelchairs, it would be a bit pointless and the space could be better used. There were four choices either end of the west stand and either end of the east stand, but I am led to believe that the east stand ones are at pitch level. If ever I get pissed off with where I'm sitting, I'll remind myself of being piss wet through, sitting in the front of the north stand at Withdean and I am sure I will feel better again very soon. I just don't want to get pushed out in years to come when they fill in the corners eventually. Because by then all the good spaces will be taken.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I didn't get to Bournemouth. I must say, as an able bodied supporter, that it seems to me that disabled supporters (especially in wheelchairs) seem to get overlooked, especially as we promote ourselves heavily as a Community Stadium. Maybe the disabled supporters are happy with their lot at the new stadium and I may be talking out of turn. I do remember Martin Perry at a forum sometime in the past saying that there would be facilities high in the West Stand that would give disable supporters fantastic views and that lifts would be available for those supporters to access that area. As it is the lifts will now only go to the 1901 level on match days. Maybe its a significant cost issue that has been rethought?

fair does and it was Bournemouth

16m2lfn.jpg

you can see the ledge there and the double doors for easier access to be fair to them this is a very well organised disabled area and had 2 staff to make sure everything is ok, i was impressed :) although with it being empty a lot as you can see by this game is it a slight waste of space? i mean could it be made slightly smaller? sand with 22,500 seats surely its easer access out of the ground and to other facilities not having them in the west stand where it will be very busy, they obviously have there own section over there which IMO is a good idea :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here