Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope this isn't a wind up........

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Exclusive by Jon Boardman
White & Co in to save Whites

COUNTY League strugglers Bexhill United have swooped on the Seagulls in a bid to avoid an immediate return to Division Three.

We understand that Brighton and Hove Albion assistant manager Dean White and reserve team coach Bob Booker will form a unique three-way management team with Paul Tuppenney at The Polegrove.

Recent results including Saturday's 3-2 defeat against Southwick, when the Whites led 2-1 against 10 men until the final 15 minutes, prompted chairman Colin Dunstall to act.

Persuading the pair to move from the League One giants is a stunning coup for United, but Booker and Bexhill-based White are both understood to be keen on a new challenge in management.

Former Sheffield United target man Booker, 49, was sacked by Albion in September 2006. But he returned to Brighton under new boss Micky Adams in the summer after a stint trying to revive Pease Pottage Village, United's County League rivals, alongside Bob Laundon.

The duo are expected to formally leave Albion after the Seagulls' Boxing Day clash with Colchester United, in time for Bexhill's crucial league match against Westfield on January 3.

Dunstall, Booker and White were unavailable for comment on Tuesday.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hope this is true too. We need a quality coach at Withdean.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sounds like a wind up to me, where did you see that?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
RULE 1

Always provide a link to back up your claim.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Got to be a wind up...how on earth would Bexhill United afford two full time salaries?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If only it were true.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would be the best Christmas present to all Seagulls fans especially if they take Loft on loan with them, if only it were to prove to be true, unfortunately it appears unlikely.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is a wind up I am sure.

But the daft thing is, none of us would be sorry to see it happen. Coaches are completely unqualified at this level, particularly Dean White.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Deffo sounds like a load of gerbils.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
This is a wind up I am sure.

But the daft thing is, none of us would be sorry to see it happen. Coaching are completely unqualified at this level, particularly Dean White.

Not only would be not be sorry, most would agree its about their level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here