Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hear positives coming out of Plymouth

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I really hope it works out well for them. Home Park was always one of my favourite aways. Wonder how long it will be until we play them again in a league match.

This is Plymouth | Plymouth Argyle will be rescued from the brink next week, say administrators

Mixed views ...

Comments

by StevePlymouth
Saturday, August 27 2011, 9:51AM
“What a load of rubbish, so nothing has been signed and we are no further forward, Ridsdale have you paid the staff yet? No! You keep collecting 25k a month thou won't you.
This whole saga is an absolute disgrace and getting so boring now that I'm losing interest in Argyle and until we are run by a decent man/company this bunch of dodgy shameless asset stripping c**** won't get any of my money.”

by eddie_taylor
Saturday, August 27 2011, 9:36AM
“I hope this is the final leg of a long, long journey that sees "The Agryle" saved with a guaranteed future, and not the final nail in the coffin; with no alternative escape route. The last 2 seasons and especially this year, have been trying times for all of those loyal to the club, I include the staff, team, manager/ his assistants and the fans; perhaps now the proverbial phoenix can rise again and achieve greater success.
Long live "The Argyle", amen.”

by beerbarian
Saturday, August 27 2011, 9:08AM
“eh? I'm confused, the deadline has been met but they haven't seen the money, is this just another promise then?”

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is Heaney the guy that owns that Ryman side in Cornwall?

Edit: Should have read it fully, he is... don't think Plymouth fans were particularly happy about this.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Is Heaney the guy that owns that Ryman side in Cornwall?

Edit: Should have read it fully, he is... don't think Plymouth fans were particularly happy about this.

He tends to "own" stuff in his wife's name!

Dates and deadlines have come and gone before, so I doubt many fans are raising their hopes yet.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
as someone who follows this closely in the local press lets wait and see what happens first.so many false dawns over the last 6 months and dont think i would trust heaney as far as i could throw him.....yer he has done wonders for truro but its been broken promise over broken promise since he got involved at argyle

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think that all the time Ridsdale is hanging around in any shape or form, there is trouble. I don't think Plymouth are out of the woods yet.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I propose than on one of the international breaks a huge amount of Brighton fans (and other fans from the top 2 tiers) pay a visit to Plymouth and make the chair and useless administrators take note.

Make it Fans United Day Mk II.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I propose than on one of the international breaks a huge amount of Brighton fans (and other fans from the top 2 tiers) pay a visit to Plymouth and make the chair and useless administrators take note.

Make it Fans United Day Mk II.

ive thought this too.... as i say, i know someone very close to mr reid himself and feel quite despondent when i hear how frustrated they are about what they wish to do, yet cant. from our own experience of using the press for ones own gain, i always check in with the real story from horses mouth. id be happy to travel down..............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here