Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have...

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Just been made redundant by my firm....:censored:

Cant believe it. I know the economies bad but i honestly didnt seriously see it coming. Thank god i only rent atm and dont have a morgage!

Have many others experienced this on here recently?

Havent got a clue what to do next. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry to hear that fella, similar has been happening at my place. Luckily I've dodged the bullets so far.
First things first - go straight down the pub and get bladdered.
Start thinking about it tomorrow.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sorry to hear that fella, similar has been happening at my place. Luckily I've dodged the bullets so far.
First things first - go straight down the pub and get bladdered.
Start thinking about it tomorrow.

Nice edit there.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hundreds of thousands to follow this year, if the news is to be believed.
Oh i certainly do believe it.But i don't believe Brown when he says it will take a couple of years before things pick up.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
20 odd just had the treatment at my office in London. Didn't see it coming. US owned company, just decided to perform tasks in Boston rather than London to save $$$

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Just been made redundant by my firm....:censored:

Cant believe it. I know the economies bad but i honestly didnt seriously see it coming. Thank god i only rent atm and dont have a morgage!

Have many others experienced this on here recently?

Havent got a clue what to do next. Any suggestions?

What area do you (or at the moment not) work in?

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
What area do you (or at the moment not) work in?

Bristol, A city that is doing well atm. Just had a new inner city shopping centre opened and the firm i work for has been doing well upto about 2 monthsa ago....

Also im already on it! :drink::drink::drink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bristol, A city that is doing well atm. Just had a new inner city shopping centre opened and the firm i work for has been doing well upto about 2 monthsa ago....

Also im already on it! :drink::drink::drink:

:laugh::laugh:

You misread that

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Somebody was telling me the other day that it won't get much worse than it is at the moment. They went on to say that the govenment are deliberately making it sound worse than it is so that they can improve their chances of re-election once they magically fix all of these problems.

You heard it here first!

On a more serious note, I feel sorry for you, I have come to discover that jobhunting is bloody difficult to do at the moment. I was lucky because I had a 3-month contract extension due to other staff being redistributed to other departments. I am (rather unsuccessfully) jobhunting at the moment (even though I got the extension, I have a clause allowing for instant contract termination), good luck to you.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Somebody was telling me the other day that it won't get much worse than it is at the moment. They went on to say that the govenment are deliberately making it sound worse than it is so that they can improve their chances of re-election once they magically fix all of these problems.

You heard it here first!

On a more serious note, I feel sorry for you, I have come to discover that jobhunting is bloody difficult to do at the moment. I was lucky because I had a 3-month contract extension due to other staff being redistributed to other departments. I am (rather unsuccessfully) jobhunting at the moment (even though I got the extension, I have a clause allowing for instant contract termination), good luck to you.

Won't get much worse? We haven't really got started yet.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Lloyds are taking Taylor Wimpey to court on the 1st April for the £19 billion they can't pay back.

Taylor Wimpey employ 185,000 staff plus the subcontractors

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I applied for an IT contract in the City of London on Friday. There were four positions on offer. When I phoned the consultant a couple of hours after the ad appeared, he'd had three hundred applications. Not good odds.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We find out this Fri who is for the chop. Not good times.

Its a real shitter when you get given a "D-Day" like that. Its exactly what we had here in the run-up to Christmas. Basically there are four in my team including me, we were told one of us would be going, and we'd find out who on December 19th.

We all got a time for our individual meetings - mine was the 2nd out of the 4. So there's all the speculation about whether the person with the last meeting would be the one to go etc etc. As it turned out, the fella who was first up was the one who got the boot, although I didn't know this as my meeting was immediately after his, and he walked past without saying a word on the way back from his.

Gutted for him, I'd worked with him for about 4 years, nice fella (a Brentford STH). Theres no "good" way of doing it I suppose. Its the waiting around to find out thats the killer.

Good luck squire.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Lloyds are taking Taylor Wimpey to court on the 1st April for the £19 billion they can't pay back.

Taylor Wimpey employ 185,000 staff plus the subcontractors

It's £1.9 billion

The UK's largest house builder by number of homes built has been in talks about its 1.9 billion pound debt pile for several months.

There is widespread speculation that creditors will end up owning a stake in Taylor Wimpey. Indications are that it will take until around March -- the deadline for it to complete refinancing talks -- for a deal to come through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here