Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have gone over to the Dark Side

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes, I am now one of the (not so) Great Unwashed, I have bought a bicycle. This means that I now no longer have to obey road signs or traffic lights and I can ride on the pavement whenever I want to.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
And cycle naked without fear of being arrested (once a year)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And cycle naked without fear of being arrested (once a year)

No I think I would get arrested for that, I would cause serious pollution from all the people who saw me being sick :D

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I cycle every day, of course, and this morning thought again how i'd like to report other cyclists' conduct to the police, or carry an unbreakable stick with which to poke in their well-founded spokes and then around their temples. I was of course resting in a queue awaiting the lights to change when one chap stopped alongside me, not at the back of the queue, but alongside me, therefore hindering my progress if he decided to remain. I asked him how he was, and he gave me a just fine in reply. As he finally left my imprisoned spot i wished him a pleasant journey to Hell and called him Dr Dickhead.
Now, i'm not an aggressive man, but i tire so deeply of those who clearly care so little for another person, and would be quite happy if they somehow learnt a lesson or two. What this all means i don't exactly know, but i crave their punishment, and those who show appeal rewarded.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was on my way to picking the two wheeled torture device up and watched as a motorist drove clean over a mini roundabout totally oblivious to the cyclist who was already on it ! As it was (being an ex-boy scout) I took note of the car's number and wrote it down then gave it to the cyclist so that he could report the motorist for what was an appalling piece of driving.

I was on my way to picking the two wheeled torture device up and watched as a motorist drove clean over a mini roundabout totally oblivious to the cyclist who was already on it ! As it was (being an ex-boy scout) I took note of the car's number and wrote it down then gave it to the cyclist so that he could report the motorist for what was an appalling piece of driving.

Oh Buddha, now there's another cycling mentalist who thinks it's time to police the drivers off the road, and make way for people who have no clue or interest in the highway code and observing general politeness to other road users.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I bought a bicycle last month, I am still trying to work out how it is best to reach the saddle though....

1884ColumbiaBicycle.jpg

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
Good, another convert to the pollution free world of the cyclist. And good luck because you will need. After a few weeks of being invisible to car and truck drivers who think they should have priority as they pay road tax and you dont, you will be forced on to the pavements for fear of your life. Luckily, Brighton has a good cycle route system so most pavement riding can be done legally on dedicated paths, then you need to beware the pedestrians who think the pathway with a bike displayed on it is the yellow brick bloody road laid out just for them to walk along and, after a couple of collisions with pedesrians walking in front of you and blaming you for riding on the cycle path you will wonder why you ever bothered to be environmently friendly, sell your bike and go back to driving and swearing at the bloody cyclists.
Not that i'm bitter and twisted about it or anything.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Oh god, Zef keeps trying to get me to buy a bike, but following a rather nasty accident where I was t-boned by another cyclist and skid into the path of an oncoming cement mixer when I was about 17 - I am having enormous difficulties agreeing!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mini-roundabouts are SUPPOSED to be driven straight over. They are a complete and utter waste of space, completely superflous to any t-junction that operated perfectly well before this pointless blob of concrete was dropped there.

I make it a point to drive either over them, or the wrong way round them so I don't have to slow down.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mini-roundabouts are SUPPOSED to be driven straight over. They are a complete and utter waste of space, completely superflous to any t-junction that operated perfectly well before this pointless blob of concrete was dropped there.

I make it a point to drive either over them, or the wrong way round them so I don't have to slow down.

I think you're missing the point here, the car driver drove over the roundabout when it was the cyclist's right of way, I say that because the cyclist was already on it. The motorist nearly ran him down ! Oh, it wasn't a T Junction either but a four way stop or crossroad. The mini roundabout works fine as long as road users keep their eyes open.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh god, Zef keeps trying to get me to buy a bike, but following a rather nasty accident where I was t-boned by another cyclist and skid into the path of an oncoming cement mixer when I was about 17 - I am having enormous difficulties agreeing!!

Bikes are fine but not when you have a bambino to transport !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you're missing the point here, the car driver drove over the roundabout when it was the cyclist's right of way, I say that because the cyclist was already on it. The motorist nearly ran him down ! Oh, it wasn't a T Junction either but a four way stop or crossroad. The mini roundabout works fine as long as road users keep their eyes open.
Cyclists should ALWAYS give way to cars. They are GUESTS on the roads, and should not be afforded the same status as motorised vehicles who have PAID for the priviledge of using the road.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Bikes are fine but not when you have a bambino to transport !

I see loads of people around with either kiddie trailers or little seats and they seem happy as larry...I couldn't though, I'm petrified on a bike and would be even worse if I had Arthur on the back, so we pram everywhere - better for my nerves :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here