Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have been led to believe that Leeds have bid for CMS

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I have been told on what I regard as good authority that Leeds have made a bid for CMS. Take it or leave it, just sharing the info. If it is true or not, I don't know but the fella is well connected.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
CMS for Becchio + cash would be alright. Solves the target man issue.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Unless Leeds have been taken over i doubt it will happen.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The swap with McCormack was the deal in the summer. McCormack didn't fancy it, deal was off...Maybe something in this again(not with McCormack obviously), now the money has gone into Leeds.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I have been told on what I regard as good authority that Leeds have made a bid for CMS. Take it or leave it, just sharing the info. If it is true or not, I don't know but the fella is well connected.

Totally believe you on this mate. Warnock has always wanted him and now he has funds then he'll be in for him. CMS would fit lovely into their way of playing and would score shit loads.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Leeds have been taken over, but Bates is remaining in charge until the end of the season.
McCormack has been out of favour at Leeds recently, would be very happy to see him here, he is a finisher.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I am all for keeping cms but wish they would play to his strengths sometimes to give us another dimension

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
They keep coming for him so wouldn't be a surprise. I would refer to the Noone scenario. Gus said at the time that he would only be sold if they paid what the club valued him at. They tried to haggle and failed but when they finally offered the right amount, done deal. We have one striker almost sorted by all accounts, but much as CMS hasn't fitted our system he has still scored at a reasonable rate and I just can't see the club risking selling him for anything other than cost price and a proven championship striker. The other thing with Leeds is they are a promotion rival. We've seen what Noone has done at Cardiff and I'd be surprised if Tony let CMS do the same for Leeds.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
They keep coming for him so wouldn't be a surprise. I would refer to the Noone scenario. Gus said at the time that he would only be sold if they paid what the club valued him at. They tried to haggle and failed but when they finally offered the right amount, done deal. We have one striker almost sorted by all accounts, but much as CMS hasn't fitted our system he has still scored at a reasonable rate and I just can't see the club risking selling him for anything other than cost price and a proven championship striker. The other thing with Leeds is they are a promotion rival. We've seen what Noone has done at Cardiff and I'd be surprised if Tony let CMS do the same for Leeds.

Let's hope you're right. If we are to sell CMS then I hope we have a replacement in place before we sanction such a move as it'll be pointless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here