Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I got missed off the waiting list :(

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I was getting a bit curious about how so many people were talking about the club getting in contact and making appointments for their ST presentation and I'd not heard anything. I joined the list in July and was in the first thousand, so something didn't add up.

Dropped an email to customer services just enquiring how many were on the list and how many had been contacted. The answer? 4000 and a majority had been contacted.

My heart sunk.

A couple more emails before a phone call with the ticketline and I've got an appointment in a few weeks but still - I should have a) been contacted by them, not the other way and b) already be sorted for my ticket!

Also would be nice if I could have just purchased a seat over the phone, rather than having to leave work two and a half hours early to make it to an appointment

Most frustrating - there goes my hope of being slap bang in the middle of ESU

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was getting a bit curious about how so many people were talking about the club getting in contact and making appointments for their ST presentation and I'd not heard anything. I joined the list in July and was in the first thousand, so something didn't add up.

Dropped an email to customer services just enquiring how many were on the list and how many had been contacted. The answer? 4000 and a majority had been contacted.

My heart sunk.

A couple more emails before a phone call with the ticketline and I've got an appointment in a few weeks but still - I should have a) been contacted by them, not the other way and b) already be sorted for my ticket!

I reckon you'd have been disappointed about your hope of esu middle as existing season ticket holders would have been given preference. Sorry to hear about your bad luck otherwise though.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

My heart sunk.

Also would be nice if I could have just purchased a seat over the phone, rather than having to leave work two and a half hours early to make it to an appointment

Welcome to my world. I am in the same club

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I dared to dream

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Yeh as people have said, I wouldn't get too concerned about being on the halfway line as all the season ticket holders that got moved due to the expansion got first choice so they will be long gone. I rang up the second I got the letter about my season ticket moving and about 50 had already beat me!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I was missed off the list last August and only found out in February - needless to say i was annoyed too - luckily ive been contacted and have an appointment this week.

I dared to dream

indeed, have you had a season ticket before? I hadn't (in over 30 years) until last season, but you could of sat me anywhere, it's mine, mine I tell yer! I've renewed for the same seat despite the fact I could have got a much better one such as, oh I don't know, let's say bang slap in the middle of ESU, but i'm keeping mine as it is, you'll love it wherever you end up (I mean the ST, I'm sure youve been to Falmer before)

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Extremely impressed with the service!!!

I was placed on the waiting list for a new season Ticket less than a week ago in the hope of being able to buy a season ticket for the ESU.Received my email like everyone else. Calle dthis morning and as I live in Southampton I was able to buy a seat on the halfway line which should be a great view. I guess it's the luck of the drawer with who you speak to when you call in as to whether you can get a season ticket without attending the ticket office in person.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Nope, not been a ST. To be honest anywhere will do - the view is good from all stands - but it's the principle damnit

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I was placed on the waiting list for a new season Ticket less than a week ago in the hope of being able to buy a season ticket for the ESU.Received my email like everyone else. Calle dthis morning and as I live in Southampton I was able to buy a seat on the halfway line which should be a great view. I guess it's the luck of the drawer with who you speak to when you call in as to whether you can get a season ticket without attending the ticket office in person.

So you have got a ST within a week of your name being on the list ? AHEAD of those who may of been on the list for most of the year ? What the bloody hell are the club playing at ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
4,000 on the waiting list? Sounds like we'll have 22,000 season ticket holders next season. Christ on a bike. :ohmy:

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011

So how much were they in East Upper?

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
I guess as there are more new seats than people on the waiting list the club have emailed everyone recently and it's possibly 1st come 1st served. I have never been in a position to get a season ticket but have always bought tickets for the withdean/Priestfield/Goldstone ground on a match by match basis when I have been able to make the games.Maybe this is taken into account when placed on the list. Just a thought

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
wonder if the club will actively try and advertise season tickets after they've gone through the waiting list ?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If you called in on a busy day or you got a particularly lazy person on the phone, they probably just told you that you were on the list without acaully doing it :(

sad times, hope you get a ticket!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
wonder if the club will actively try and advertise season tickets after they've gone through the waiting list ?

If there are any unsold after going through the waiting list then yes, of course they will.

I heard that as of last week about 500 had not renewed, dotted all over the stadium.

So there will be a few even really good seats up for grabs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here