Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I freaking hate Arsenal

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So great to see them being taken to pieces by Barcelona in the first half yesterday. They would have been 3 or 4 down a HT if not for Alumina (or whatever his name is).

Two away goals means they've no chance in the 2nd leg ...

And why in particular do I hate them ... NOT ONE FREAKING ENGLISH PLAYER IN THE STARTING ELEVEN. A bloody disgrace.

Rant over.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
And the fact their new stadium is like an airport and their fans wear rugby shirts.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I must say, Arsenal have gone up in my estimation. To be known for their passing game and being thoroughly outpassed on their own patch and to go 2-0 down, and then showing the character that they are generally unknown for when against big clubs, is pretty admirable. OK, he may not have started for them, but their best player last night was indeed an Englishman.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Definitely my favourite club in the top seven. Lovely passing game, capable of scrapping and fighting, lovely new ground, living within their means, superb manager who brings in uncut diamonds and turns them world class.

Less plastic than Man Utd
More class than Chelsea
Less boring than Liverpool
No moany spivs, unlike Spurs
More successful than Aston Villa and Man City

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Well, I like Arsenal...

Couldn't really give a shit how many foreigners are in the team.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Definitely my favourite club in the top seven. Lovely passing game, capable of scrapping and fighting, lovely new ground, living within their means, superb manager who brings in uncut diamonds and turns them world class.

More class than Chelsea

I agreed with you up until you said they had no moany spivs. They are probably the biggest whingers in the league.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Arsenal are my favorite of the big guns but i still couldn't really give a shit.There is only 1 team for me.

Just how bloody good were Barcelona though!??!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I agreed with you up until you said they had no moany spivs. They are probably the biggest whingers in the league.

Depends what you define as whinger's I suppose, Moaning after 5 years without winning a trophy, when your a club of Arsenal's stature is quite a big deal. Aston Villa fans on the other hand booed the team off the other day.(can't remember what game it was..)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

They certainly have the whingiest manager in the league - Wenger makes Fergie look like the voice of calm reason. At least Ferguson will admit it if his side has been outplayed, Wenger has a range of excuses from the state of the pitch to the referee, from too many injuries to the fact that there were too many rough boys on the other team.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008

More class than Chelsea

I think their manager makes up for the "moany spivs". I don't think you should tar all Tottenham fans with the same brush though mate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to laugh, how many decades have Arsenal been better than Spurs, probably longer than Palace have been better than us?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
arsenal are my fav team in prem.

i also live in spain and the catallans are mostly money hoarding stingy posh moaners.

would love arsenal to win out there, they will play better for sure.

jamie1972

Mar 4, 2010
Mid Sussex
And the fact their new stadium is like an airport and their fans wear rugby shirts.

You're getting confused with Twickenham. All those planes and er...rugby shirts.

I went to West Ham V Everton not that long ago and that really was like an airport that I flew to in India. Bloody ages to get to, generally run down, built up but only on one side, no planes taking off.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Ranting right back at you mate....

If you don't like Arsenal (and haven't over the past 5 years or so) then IMHO you can't really like football at all, end of.

No, they don't have that many English players in their squad (although I do believe Walcott scored against Barca?) and have often fielded an entirely foreign team, but so what - most Premier League team's English players were bought for bigger fees than BHA have ever paid so why single out the team who play the most attractive football for your "EPL disease" rant?

Of course football in League One is infinitely more in touch with reality, Englishness and traditional promotion / relegation excitement (rather than hysteria), but leave Lord Wegner's beautiful game alone .....

I think a non-English quota should be brought in for the EPL but it's an EPL wide issue, as soon as any team gets any money then buy in from overseas big time until it's all gone, I just think singling out Arsenal is wrong.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I have been known to gravitate to the Emirates for a very occasional bit of football tourism. I know Wenger is too much at times but you can forgive them for the style of football they play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here