Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I dont understand

flying high

May 12, 2009
i dont understand why we have not signed anyone when gus is away but he has the set up and the people here to do everything for him

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Because there's no rush. Nothing really happens at this time of year. The game takes a few weeks holiday.

Though I did see Michael Owen coming out the Grand this morning...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe the people he wants are on holiday too, there is only a small window for players to go on holiday with their families before they come back for pre-season training

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that it is because Gus needs to be selling the club to players as to many we are still 'little Brighton'a small team on the coast and do not realize our potential and ambitions, Most players are still on holiday until mid June. The close season for footballl is 1 - 13th June when very little happens.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
because the window is still shut and its very early days

tiny detail isnt it? this happens every year, people dont seem to remember. player contract run to June and from mid-may to mid-jun is basically holiday season for football pros (those not on internationals). theres very little transfer activity and those that do move are usually out of contract/released.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While it is not the time to panic, I am a bit dissappointed that there have been no positive links with players in or out.

I'm sure that Gus was quoted that he wanted everything in place by the end of June in order for the squad to have a full pre-season.

Maybe in two weeks time I might be starting to panic (I can see the Clive Dunn pictures appearing very soon).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Because there's no rush. Nothing really happens at this time of year. The game takes a few weeks holiday.

Though I did see Michael Owen coming out the Grand this morning...

That's because he'd heard it's on the market, and is looking to buy it and live there after he signs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nobody will come in all the time Gus isn't here to greet them, that not to say the deals aren't being done.

Imagine the worlds media descending on the Amex to photograph Drogba, and Gus not there, it would never happen.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Look back over the past two offseasons...

2010 - First signing... Matt Sparrow - 25th June
2011 - First signing... Will Hoskins - Mid May... nothing then until Will Buckley - 7th June

There is plenty of time, nothing to get concerned or worried about in the slightest

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Because Gus is waiting to see what Swansea's Budget will be so he can buy Bridcutt and take Vicente :moo:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
& why would you sign anyone anyway when your house hunting in swansea.
That's not true, a mate of mine is an estate agent in Norfolk and he told me that Gus has registered with his agency and is getting details of suitable properties in the Norwich area. This ties up with the fact that another mate of mine is an estate agent in Orpington and has been asked by Poyet to handle the sale of his house!

DISCLAIMER: People on NSC who know me personally will realise the above sentence is a load of bollocks as there is a massive giveaway flaw in it - I haven't got any friends!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Why sign players when we don't know who the new managers targets will be. Obviously everyone knows that Poyet is off to BOTH Norwich and Swansea, taking up a joint managerial position at both teams. Tony Bloom I hear is taking note of Micky Adams' list of targets before we make any moves in the market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here