Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't UNDERSTAND about the EMPTY seats

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The seat next to you being empty is purely a coincidance, but I should apologise for one empty seat today. I wasn't in my regular seat and was unable to flog my season ticket seat to anyone, mainly due to the fact that I don't want to surrender my card to just anyone. We need to get the ticket exchange system up and running so that there are fewer wasted seats.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
UNDER 20000 today BUT announced a SELL out AGAIN. It is SO weird, the SEAT next to ME has been EMPTY since the Doncaster game. I WONDER why ?

The reason that the seat next to you was empty today was because you will insist on eating borty pies, therefore making you stink of curry! Not nice for your neighbours if they prefer chicken or steak! :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon the game on the 17th will see our first Amex league crowd under 19,000. Burnley will bring about 700, the stand will be split and will be nowhere near full of home fans

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I have been to 4/5 games this season on my season ticket :( Luckily I have always managed to get someone to take my place! (curse being forced to work saturdays!)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think it really is time the club organised an exchange system when fans cannot go as clearly people are not prepared (hardly surprising) to hand over their season ticket card to someone they don't know.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Three words. OFFICIAL TICKET EXCHANGE.

It must be so frustrating for people who want to buy a ticket, cant because its sold out, then there are a thousand empty home seats.

The club could earn money, fans who cant go would feel they were getting better value. I just cant fathom why it hasnt been done.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It must be rocket science or the club don't need/want the money.. Weird!

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
Our 2 seats empty in North today as we couldn't make it.

Official club ticket exchange needs sorting big time.

Why would the Club support a scheme which could lose them money ? They have your money for your season ticket seat - they don't want you easily selling it onto a non season ticket holder as the demand for match day seats in the East South corner would cease. If the stadium was all ST then it could work.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It can't be hard. A simple online mechanism to say you arent attending and then the club can sell the ticket. Even if the split of money is 50/50 everyone would comeout better, and lots more non sth would get to go to games.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why would the Club support a scheme which could lose them money ? They have your money for your season ticket seat - they don't want you easily selling it onto a non season ticket holder as the demand for match day seats in the East South corner would cease. If the stadium was all ST then it could work.

Durrr. It would kick in once the non sth seats were all gone. So about 3 to 4 days after they go on sale at the moment.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
My seat has been empty all season - I stand up for the whole of the game.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I reckon the game on the 17th will see our first Amex league crowd under 19,000. Burnley will bring about 700, the stand will be split and will be nowhere near full of home fans

Could be right, there are still tickets available for this one. People do think its a closed shop though, They don't realise they just have to register to buy a ticket.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Three words. OFFICIAL TICKET EXCHANGE.

It must be so frustrating for people who want to buy a ticket, cant because its sold out, then there are a thousand empty home seats.

The club could earn money, fans who cant go would feel they were getting better value. I just cant fathom why it hasnt been done.

The boy Dan, he speak wise.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The young chap that has a season ticket next to me on my right in the Northstand has been to about 3 matches this season and there is either an empty seat or someone different there every week, up to him, but why would you bother buying a season ticket if you couldn't hardly go ???
Also noticed around the near vicinity that there are the same empty seats spaces every single week in the Esst /West Stands too !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here