Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't own a 83 cup final D.V.D

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
And haven't watched the game since i saw it live at the age of 11.
But now at the age of 40 even though I regale my colleagues in Essex of our cup heroics that year i still cant bring myself to buy a copy because i think i'll still feel the hurt of my then tender years, even though all my mates have a copy.
Am I being a dick and should I man up?

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
man up - bought one at Xmas and is great to watch and nostalgoa soothes any pain.

The fun is remembering what Cup Final day used to be like when you were young. I'm sure most can recall the build up on the telly, were you a BBC or ITV watcher? and then down to the park after the game to reinact the final !!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Still got the VHS but nothing to play it on

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I've decided, I'll man up and buy one if for nothing else for my son to watch. He's 5 and starting to really get into football and the Albion. It's stupid I know but I really find it difficult to re visit big defeats, sad coward that I am

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I've decided, I'll man up and buy one if for nothing else for my son to watch. He's 5 and starting to really get into football and the Albion. It's stupid I know but I really find it difficult to re visit big defeats, sad coward that I am

Just watch the Final then. We should have won that, and would have if it was not for that scum Backside and his tackle on Chris Ramsey.

Have bbc and itv coverage on vhs and dvd which includes the whole day! WE PLAY BETTER ON ITV???
There must be many thousands of us who missed all the build-up because we were travelling to London that day. Hopefully Goldstone Rapper will be along to tell us how your content could be distributed, as I presume copywrite issues would prevent him from putting whole programmes like this up on his own site.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Bought a DVD of this of Amazon a few years back.
When I played it I was horrified to see us lose 4-0 - it was the fecking replay ....
Sent it back for a FULL refund

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Used to have a VHS tape but it was the Man United "official version" where they had altered the background audio so you could only hear the United fans.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've only ever stuck bits and pieces from Cup Final Grandstand because quite a lot of it didn't relate to the Albion. Also, YouTube used to have ten minute limits to videos.

Judging from Cup Final Grandstand, in 1983, if people wanted to watch a classic sporting moment, they had to wait until cup final day, phone the BBC and if you were in luck, they'd show it.

Nowadays, we have YouTube! So much better.

Rev, would you be interested in making the ITV footage more widely available?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Bought a DVD of this of Amazon a few years back.
When I played it I was horrified to see us lose 4-0 - it was the fecking replay ....
Sent it back for a FULL refund

Yep. Make sure you buy the one from the Albion perspective, otherwise you'll get the replay. I think they sell the former in the club shop. Research it on eBay or Amazon - bound to be cheaper

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I know how you feel. I was 10 and went round my grans to watch it. She baked us a blue and white birthday cake and I cried like a ....well ten year old......afterwards. Still can't face watching it again. Although I had a dream the night before that Gart Stevens would score. If i'd been ten years older i'd have had a punt i'm sure.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As said on an earlier thread, you usually only end up forwarding to the goals, and I certainly wouldn't want to watch the replay.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I know how you feel. I was 10 and went round my grans to watch it. She baked us a blue and white birthday cake and I cried like a ....well ten year old......afterwards. Still can't face watching it again. Although I had a dream the night before that Gart Stevens would score. If i'd been ten years older i'd have had a punt i'm sure.

I watched it round my nan and grandad's as well and had a massive portion of homemade macaroni cheese and chips my nan would always cook on a Saturday afternoon. I also watched the replay round my grandparents house, but this time my grandad was so adamant that we would win he splashed out and bought me a hat, scarf and foam hand that I wore through the whole bloody game. The only thing that cheered me up were the supportive beeps from motorists as I walked home with mum.

D

Deleted User X18H

21st May 1983, it was the best day of my life (don't tell the Mrs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here