Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I dont buy this whole 'Adams got lucky with Zamora' thing...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
One player does NOT make a team, Robiniho has proved that at Man City.

No matter how good a player is he can only become a success if he has good players around him, these would be players that ADAMS braught to the club.

Yes, Zamora was a quality player and theres no doubting his impact on the team but even if we had Zmora now we still wouldnt be much better off.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
haha

If we had Zamora as he was then , I guarentee we would easily be half way. He played alone upfront alot. He got 15 goals when we were shite in the tough championship dont forget

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He was lucky with Zamora because he didn't actually want to buy him. He wanted to buy Lorenzo Pinamonte, presumably on the basis that he both looked and sounded like he should be a decent Italian-ish footballer.

Fortunately for Adams, his mate Ron Noades went out of his way to beat him to the signing of Pinamonte, who turned out to be complete pony. So, with some cash burning a hole in his pocket, Adams turned his sights on Zamora.

Who knows what would have happened if we'd had to rely on Pinamonte leading the line back then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One player does NOT make a team, Robiniho has proved that at Man City.

No matter how good a player is he can only become a success if he has good players around him, these would be players that ADAMS braught to the club.

Yes, Zamora was a quality player and theres no doubting his impact on the team but even if we had Zmora now we still wouldnt be much better off.

We would as that is what we are missing somebody who knows where the goal is other than Forster or Murray who is injured.
If we had had Zamora instead of Robinson we would be virtually at Wembley now just on the chances JR let go by. We would have won more league games

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't buy it either - Adams DID build a fantastic squad.

This time around he's turned us into a steaming lump of dog poo however.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
No matter how good Zamora is at playing upfront on his own he wont do diddly squat without the ball and seeing as our midfield/defence cant get the ball near TWO forwards, what chance have they got aiming for ONE?

What Im trying to say is that Adams didnt get lucky because he still had to get the other 10 players and pick the right formation for Zamora to be so succesfull!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Adams also got dead lucky with Carpenter, Cullip, Jones, Watson, Kuipers, Brooker, Morgan, Freeman, Oatway, Wicks, Rogers.......

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No matter how good Zamora is at playing upfront on his own he wont do diddly squat without the ball and seeing as our midfield/defence cant get the ball near TWO forwards, what chance have they got aiming for ONE?

What Im trying to say is that Adams didnt get lucky because he still had to get the other 10 players and pick the right formation for Zamora to be so succesfull!

If he's so good at putting a team together why has he been shit at every job he's had since he jumped ship here last time?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Looking at that, only at Coventry has he finished with more games lost than won.

None of the teams have exactly been world beaters anyway.

(I see that Leicester got promoted while he was there)

I wouldnt say that its been shit

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I agree with the original post. Zamora was the main reason for the success, but any team that gets promoted has to have a decent foward. I'd argue that Carpenter in his prime was just as important to the team as Zamora was. We also had some quality players like Morgan, Cullip, Brooker, Hart - it wasn't a one man team.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Since he left Brighton and played for west ham spurs and now fulham i doubt without looking he is anywhere near having scored the amount of goals he did for us,and that tells you 1 plain fact.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Since he left Brighton and played for west ham spurs and now fulham i doubt without looking he is anywhere near having scored the amount of goals he did for us,and that tells you 1 plain fact.

That it's easier to play in the lower leagues maybe? Isn't that kinda obvious...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He was utter shite first time round, we fluked winning the Championship, and he did NOTHING to laying the ground for winning League 1 the following season. Give me Adams, Bellotti, Cuntress and Archer, and a single bullet, and MA would get it between the eyes EVERY time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here