Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I discovered wild garlic this weekend

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I had it in a sourdough bread sarnie with a minute steak and mayo (naise).

Thanks for replying.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
When you say you 'discovered' it... do you mean you found some growing locally and enjoyed the fruits of natures free larder? or did you 'discover' it as in read about it / saw it on TV / bought some on a whim and enjoyed it in a recipe... or did you just buy something with it already in?

We have it growing locally... and as you say, it is yummy - especially when snipped into an omelette or similar eggy dish.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When you say you 'discovered' it... do you mean you found some growing locally and enjoyed the fruits of natures free larder? or did you 'discover' it as in read about it / saw it on TV / bought some on a whim and enjoyed it in a recipe... or did you just buy something with it already in?

We have it growing locally... and as you say, it is yummy - especially when snipped into an omelette or similar eggy dish.

Well, I was eating out at Hotel Seattle at the Marina last Wednesday where they had wild garlic soup on and I started reading up on it. I was at a farmer's market in London yesterday and noticed some so I decided to give it a go. You could say I really discovered it last Wednesday but the first time i actually used it was yesterday. Cor, it was lovely.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We were at a friends barbie yesterday, and one of the laydees had picked her own wild garlic locally and made a delicious wild garlic dip/relish type thing that went just lovely with lamb chops and new potatoes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't know if there any wild garlic woods in Sussex, but the smell is incredibly strong, but actually very nice and quite different to garlic bulbs.

Yes, most deciduous woods round here have it. There's loads on the side of wolstonbury hill.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It's going to be my MISSION for Bank Holiday Monday.

144741745_1d4b4c0253.jpg

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
got loads near our house - made three jars wild garlic and hazelnut pesto using the leaves an the flowers. Lovely stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here