Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I can't sleep!!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
My story on how I discovered this news is quite a remarkable and oh so brilliant one.

It begins with me returning from the County Ground, picking up a kebab on my way home. As I enter my house the kebab is nearly finshed and I'm feeling somewhat drained after a tiresome day.

I sit on the sofa, 11:30, and ask myself; is it worth having a quick stint on the computer?... Nah, can't imagine anything too interesting will be flourishing across the web tonight.

So, off to bed I go. A quick brush of the teeth and shower before trudging off to my room.

I lay down and switch the tele on. It's Sky Sports News. And across the bottom of the screen it is the League 1 subdivision. My eye's aren't fully focused and my brain is not decisive, yet I catch a glimpse... Adams. Brighton. Return - The three words my mind insisited just flashed across the screen; surely I was dreaming? I scutter out of bed, into my mum and dad's room: "Dad, have you seen Sky Sports News?". No answer. "Or heard anything about Brighton?". Still, no answer. I'm kiding myself, right?

I persist. Back to my room, on goes teletext: No news. I tell myself I'm mad, but still, those 3 beautiful words echo through my mind. So, back to Sky Sports News; it's on the League One section again. This time the moment the script changes it's there, in full view of my eyes. At this point I can not explain the overwhelming feelings of joy that flood throughout my body. It really is a dream come true, and now I find myself here on NSC unable to sleep!

Anyone else got an interesting story of how they found out the news?

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I was down the pub, a tad tispey, and got text from a mate. Refused to believe it. Surely it had to be a joke. I still can't quite believe it now.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I had been out for a spot of 5 a side football. Came back home, switched on Sky Sports News, and it was scrolling along the bottom of my screen as breaking news! I was truly SHOCKED!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Found out on here as a result of my justaquicklookatnscbeforeigotobed routine.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just watched Question Time and thought I'd have a quick peep on here before taking the journey up those wooden hills. And I'm still bloody here.

I can't make sense of it all yet, think I need to sleep on it. I've got several emotions about it all going on at the same time and I dunno whether I'm happy or not.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Got a call from my brother. I was actually speechless when we told me.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I'm now off to bed, hopefully I will get some sleep. Yet no doubt I will have Sky Sports News on constantly, just to see that glorious passage of writing over and over again. :)

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I was away yesterday in meetings all day. I just got back this morning, and I cannot believe the news. I also had to have a double take. This has completely made my day. Adams back as manager, please pinch me.

greengoeskiwi

May 7, 2008
Got a text from my yeovil fan of a friend, thought he was takin the piss cos he was jealous we finished higher than them even though they did the double over us.... has to confirm first before calling him and confirming he;s a **** anyway for being the bastard that informed me of the good news

Browsed NSC early evening, went to Komedia to see Robin Trower, got back and NSC had exploded with it all.

Almost surreal, and I'm still trying to take stock of the implications.
I like Wilkins, but if some of our better players could have been thinking to move on, or looking at what it may do to season-ticket sales and gung-ho-ism early next season, politics behind it may work for the greater good.

I feel this pensive shadow of doubt though..... that it 'could' all go awfully wrong as well. And I had sights on Wilkins growing into the position better, taking us into Falmer eventually.

Adams really canNOT hope to do greater things than he did the first time too - so that makes me wonder what's in store.

Have to see how it pans out. No blinding one-man strike-forse this time, but perhaps a two-man one. Murray might 'become' the next big thing, with us. el-Abd might now sign, Forster and Cox might be more comfortable with the decisions made.....

The proof of the pudding will have to be in the eating, for this consumer.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've had a few beers down the cricket :drink::drink::drink:
and made my way home on my bike :ohmy:
a couple of shorts when I get in :whisky::whisky:
stumble into bed
could have sworn I heard the text go off three or four times, but couldn't keep my eyes open let alone read texts. I mean what was it going to be ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here