Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I can't quite believe this is all happening!

huge

Mar 23, 2011
With the new season hurtling headlong towards us, £1 million+ signings, GP as manager, promotion, new stadium and having been in the wilderness for all these years at Withdean does anyone else feel that it's all a bit much to take in?

I'm 31 years old and the last time I felt like this I was 9 and it was Christmas eve! I'm generally giddy with excitement.

Am I just being a big girls blouse? Does anyone else feel a similar way. I'm barely able to stop myself running round the garden whooping! The wife is beginning to get really pissed off with me!

YES GET IN!!!!

Last edited:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
It certainly is exciting, though I won't believe it is all happening until the referee blows his whistle to start the game on august 6th.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, exactly. Couldn't sleep last week or concentrate on other things until I'd visited the Amex. I'm 44, last time I was as excited the Albion were in the Cup Final.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
im older than at least 2 of you and i agree with you all, most exciting times EVER for

BHA, as this era could run and run it

puts the 83 cup run "well in the shade" as my boys would probably say...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just wait till you go up into the stand before donnie its gonna rip you apart,alot of grown men will be blubbering!!!!!

Along with all the grown men outside blubbering because they haven't got a ticket.

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
feel the same.. like 1964 when i went to my second game at the goldstone..i just could,nt believe that the first was,nt some sort of dream.. had to go again to check you see..:albion2:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
With the new season hurtling headlong towards us, £1 million+ signings, GP as manager, promotion, new stadium and having been in the wilderness for all these years at Withdean does anyone else feel that it's all a bit much to take in?

!!!

...and games against some of our favourite (!) teams to look forward to. Swansea and Crawley fans must be excited the new season too but for all the above reasons there cannot be a set of supporters who have anything like as much to look forward to as we do.

huge

Mar 23, 2011
I was beginning to feel a bit foolish, like I should get a grip. But poke it, it's exciting times!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
It is exciting. After years in the wilderness, it all seems like a dream. A great manager, chairman, team and fans and an incredibly beautiful new stadium. Whether rain or shine on August 6th, the place will be flooded with tears of joy.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Yeah, with you on that. Having been through such challenging times, I've never felt this confident about how far Brighton can go. Where I work in Derby, all the Derby fans laugh at this new found confidence, I even bet £50 with my boss that we'd finish higher than them!!!

It would appear the football world are ignorant at what we could achieve this coming season. SEAGULLS!!!!!

brightonbrowny

Oct 10, 2008
Completely agree with you huge! Reward for all those years without a ground and the relentless stick from other fans!#

Our time has come.

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
I love this time of year it's always exciting just before the season starts as anything is possible.

But yes this year is just so much more so and I've been trying to wrack my brains as to when I've felt this excited before a season starts. I must have bored everyone silly this week telling them of my experience at the SSC which only heightened the excitement.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Good things come to those who waite

v. poor taste

news-graphics-2007-_639678a.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The evening following the SSCF game I lay awake into the small hours marvelling at the stadium I'd been in, our stadium, almost overwhelmed with excitement at the mouthwatering season ahead and particularly the 27th September game against Palace and how noisy the home stands are going to sound and how intimidated Murray is (hopefully!) going to be by it all etc. etc. etc. etc. Great times indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here