Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am so excited...

Flair

Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010
I am 18 and have been a fan of the club for around 5 years. Basically I live up in the Midlands and although I watched a lot of football but god knows why, I didn't support a specific team.

Anyway, the closest team to me is Coventry but since my family came from Brighton before I was born, this was their team, although they drifted away from watching the club after they moved away. Because of this and partly financial reasons, no-one was really willing to give me lifts up to watch the Sky Blues.

Since my family supported Brighton I decided to look into supporting them, I read up on their history, started to read NSC everyday, 'got to know' the players by playing as Brighton on Football Manager :)P) and I listened to all the matches on Seagull's World.

Although I didn't attend matches I was starting to feel like an Albion fan and yes, when I told people who I supported I got a lot of stick and a lot of 'you support Brighton, are you gay?' etc :p

Anyway, my first match was an away match at Highfield Road for Coventry VS Brighton. It was in our second season in the Championship and if I remember correctly we lost 2-1 with Adam Virgo scoring the consolation goal.

When I walked into the stadium for the first time and felt the atmosphere I was amazed. During the first half I seriously started to reconsider my support for Brighton - I fell in love with watching the football and living so far away from Brighton meant that I could only see a handful of away matches per year.

I had to sit in the home end with my Dad in case 'there would be trouble' and by the time the second half the thoughts about me reconsidering my support completely faded away. I remember a large chant of 'Seagulls' from the mass of blue and white shirts in the away end and that was when my Dad commented 'I regret not buying tickets for the away end' and I realised who I was supposed to be - an albion fan.

Since then I have been a regular visitor to NSC and have listened to most of Brighton's matches on Seagull's World. Times are looking up for the Albion with the new stadium on its way, a manager who the fans are in love with, the best squad we have had in years and even with the moaners on here :)wink:) by far and away the best message board ANY club in the football league has.

Anyway, the title of this thread was 'I am so excited' and I suppose I better tell you why.... I have started my UCAS and will be applying for uni's for next year. I was looking at the top universities for my course that entry grades that I could achieve (ABB grades) and guess what was top? Sussex university.

It's perfect, the entry grades are the grades that I am planning to get, it is down south, by the sea, it has a good night life, it has accommodation on campus and you know what is across the road from it.....

:amex: FALMER STADIUM! :amex:

Even though I will not have moved down in time for the new stadium I will be there for our first ever match and once I move down to Sussex Uni (fingers crossed) I will be attending as many home matches as I can attend!

Falmer Stadium here I come, and you know what, I'll see you there :albion1:

SEAGULLS, SEAGULLS!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Flair, you have just made me smile :thumbsup: Thanks :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good luck with everything, by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here