Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am going to help these protesters at Heathrow.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
build a bloody runway on the field with them there.
Best moment yesterday in a interview with one of them how many flights you taken recently his answer was "1 or 2 a year which i suppose is wrong in a way".

And they are turning up in there 20 year Transit vans spewing diesel fumes everywhere, and where are they going to piss and shit.

And are the Police not needed elsewhere.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Let's hope the police take the same attitude with them as they did the Countryside Alliance march in London in 2002. A few bloody noses & cracked heads is just what these smug 'do gooders' need.:angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cartman: I know hippies. I've hated them all my life. I've kept this town free of hippies on my own since I was five and a half. But I can't contain them on my own anymore. We have to do something, fast!

Cartman: Do you mind if I take a look inside your house, I'm afraid you might have hippies.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Cartman: I know hippies. I've hated them all my life. I've kept this town free of hippies on my own since I was five and a half. But I can't contain them on my own anymore. We have to do something, fast!

Cartman: Do you mind if I take a look inside your house, I'm afraid you might have hippies.

That episode is hillary house

SLAYER !!!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Regardless of the merits of their protest, what I can't work out is how the police can spare so many coppers - our streets are over-run with chavs amd innocent people getting stabbed (incidentally, did anyone see that programme last night about gangs in London - utter delinquent scum, the lot of them; what are we breeding in this country?) yet the Old Bill always say they haven't got the manpower or resources.

Perhaps they should prioritise - a knife-wielding smack-addicted chav is surely a bigger threat to any one of us than a bunch of soap-dodging hippies in a field?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Somebody ring up and say one of them is a terrorist and shoot the tax dodging good for nothing buggers and if any of them even think of camping out in Falmer in the next couple of years, well ..........

Somebody ring up and say one of them is a terrorist and shoot the tax dodging good for nothing buggers and if any of them even think of camping out in Falmer in the next couple of years, well ..........

Can you imagine the carnage if they turned up at Falmer.

swissseagull

Dec 16, 2003
Baden, Switzerland

They are actually out there not just to stop a runway that even if built, will never be used (peak oil) but to defend your and their democratic rights.
Quoting Monbiot:

(http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2007/08/07/this-is-now-a-protest-for-democracy/)

How else do the critics of direct action propose that we should respond to this issue? The growth of air travel in the United Kingdom is being driven not only by the market but also by the government. It has demanded that the airports publish “master plans” to accommodate a doubling in the number of flights between now and 2030(10). It assists this process with tax breaks and subsidies for creating new routes from regional airports(11).

Now it has shut down one of the few formal means by which we could challenge its policy of airport expansion. Last month, in a paper scarcely anyone has noticed, the Treasury announced that it is closing England’s regional assemblies(12). The assemblies gave civil society (represented by local authorities and NGOs) a statutory means of restraining the regional development agencies, which are led by corporations. The assemblies drew up the regional spatial strategies, which spell out the kind of development a region needs, including its transport links.

Without public debate, this role has now been given to the regional development agencies. The businesses that run them will always demand more roads and more airports (not least because their construction provides lucrative contracts) and there is now no statutory way of challenging them. The purpose of such changes is spelt out by the Treasury with breathtaking frankness: “to deliver accountability to business.”(13)

This coup against the wider public interest is consistent with Brown’s strategy so far: to talk about a renewal of values, then to appoint the former head of the CBI as minister for trade and investment; to make bold speeches about entrusting more power to parliament, then to rush out 76 policy announcements as parliament goes into recess; to pose as a critical friend of the US president, then to agree to host his missile defence programme without parliamentary debate. Gordon Brown is beginning to look more autocratic than Tony Blair.
continued...

As to driving old diesel vans, alot of them run on converted chip fat. Shitting and pissing is done in compost toilets which are if you've ever been to a festival about 100 times cleaner and less smellier than portable wc's. A lot of protesters don't hold the same values as the rest of the population and are against consumerism so they wear clothes until they can't be worn anymore. They're not there to impress people but to make a stand against government and industry leading us into oblivion. And no, they don't smell any more than anyone else.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Someone on the radio had the right idea this morning.

Change the flightpath so that planes would fly straight over the top of them, then dump all the shitter waste. It may help them smell a bit sweeter.

swissseagull

Dec 16, 2003
Baden, Switzerland
Have you have the insides of your nostrils burnt out by carbolic acid or something?

If you've ever taken the trouble of visiting a camp like this one, you'll soon become aware that one of the most important things is cleanliness. Extraordinary measures are taken by everyone to achieve this.
Find it amazing that nobody is interested in the actual issues involved here and that's democracy and trying to stop a meaningless runway being built.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If you've ever taken the trouble of visiting a camp like this one, you'll soon become aware that one of the most important things is cleanliness. Extraordinary measures are taken by everyone to achieve this.
Find it amazing that nobody is interested in the actual issues involved here and that's democracy and trying to stop a meaningless runway being built.

I've visited not one but two:

First one: Glen Of The Downs road protest site. It stank, it was the second filthiest place I've seen in my life (after the aftermath of a traveller encampment at a local train station car park), and was full of the dirtiest, smelliest and most unpleasant people I've ever met in my life.

Second one: Carrickmines Castle road protest site: Full of upper class twit students who had little to no knowledge of what they were protesting against, and who all no doubt use the road that was built there to access the Dundrum Shopping Centre. This one wasn't dirty as most of them went home in their XC90s to Daddy's house every evening, but were still a few stinky swampies around the place.

Ironically, nearly all the protesters at the Glen of the Downs and ALL the non-toffs at Carrickmines were English.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They are actually out there not just to stop a runway that even if built, will never be used (peak oil) but to defend your and their democratic rights.

Rubbish, they are lazy tax dodgers who us workers pay their benefits so that they can sit and feel good about themselves because they have yet another month without work whilst tormenting the police. Next week they will climb trees with their uneducated children after finding something else to moan about. Their talk of direct action will put many lives at risk.

Soon it'll be May again so they can ransack some McDonald's in London.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville

nobody ever is, i'm afraid swiss. the case boils down to the fact that in the most part humans are selfish, greedy, inconsiderate kunts. and sadly no amount of leftist argument from a better-educated, more tolerant and morally superior position is going to change these people's minds.

when the cash register starts ch-chinging, attention is lost.

The extra runway will mean less stacking of aircraft waiting to land, so that is less fuel being burnt up there.

Whoever the judge was who allowed this to go ahead wants f***ing with the wrong end of a pineapple, just turn the hoses on the smelly buggers,
I feel sorry for the council workers who will have to clean up there filth when they piss off and find another stupid cause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here