Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am afraid the club have messed up this time!

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
I tried ordering mine and got no confirmation and then when I tried to check if they were still in reserved area they were not. So now I don't even know if I got them or not bit useless tbh.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is a purchase history isnt there ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is this charge more to do with the cost of the debit / credit card companies will levy on the club for processing the transaction? I guess they have decided to pass it on to the fans.

I'd doubt it.

When I had my shop, the entire cost of each transaction (there were always two charges - :glare: ) - came out at a total of 71p.

And that was NOT for hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of transactions.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
For the first time in 20+ years I will be making the decision about attending a home game based on cost... £72 (for 2 adults - because they also took away the U21 prices this year, and one U18) for a LC game. That would suggest that it is at least a marginal decision by the club.

Old enough to buy there own tickets surely!? I started paying for my own tickets from the age of 13/14!!! lucky kids.

5, BHA is not a charity so why do people expect them to act like some benevolent uncle?

ah, so why are there then comments along the lines of "the stadium needs paying for" or "we need to sign big names/pay big wages" etc? Now please don't get me wrong, i'm not angry or bitter, I simply can't afford to go as for the 3 of us won't get much change out of a ton I simply don't have, ce la vie. I will be happy if we get near to a full house, the club will be proved right, however if there are 10,000 empty seats the club might want to review its pricing structure re Carling Cup

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Club have messed up? your talking ****, withdean , shit ground cheap overheads , shit all round = cheap tickets
Falmer/Amex, New ground,bigger overheads,top notch all round , = prices will go up,its not rocket science
But you still moaning? ffs turn it in.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'd doubt it.

When I had my shop, the entire cost of each transaction (there were always two charges - :glare: ) - came out at a total of 71p.

And that was NOT for hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of transactions.

In that case the club are being a bit cheeky. At present, the only way to avoid paying a booking fee is to go to the ticket office, which surely is a bit stupid.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I tried ordering mine and got no confirmation and then when I tried to check if they were still in reserved area they were not. So now I don't even know if I got them or not bit useless tbh.

Don't worry, you're not useless, the system just takes a bit of getting used to.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Great another 'Sunderland Tickets are to much' thread, glad we had this as I don't think the other TEN threads and all the muppets who have posted their terminal whinging thoughts on 'Ask The Club' really got to the point!

The club should give away tickets free obviously, can't believe they would ask fans to pay 'NORMAL' prices for this game - cheek!

If you don't like it don't go, others will take your seats and FFS stop moaning and crying about paying champoinship/premier prices, you will need to get use to it.

:rant: Rant Over!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It would appear that there is a an element of greed going on with the pricing of the Sunderland game. You only have to look on this site too see how angry the fans are.
Those that feel the price is justified on the grounds that they are premiership opposition need to think back to the FA cup pricing.
Unfortunately I can not see me or my son attending this match as I have been made redundant and feel that £40-45 for us to go is too much.

2 things

1) The price for this game is the normal price for tickets, they have not been raised above what it would cost someone if they were to attend a single league game arther than hold a Season Ticket so they are not trying to cash in just because it is a Premier League team. (shows what a bargain the ST actually is) League games are over subscribed so the demand is there due to having such a high number of ST holders, in a market where demand outstrips supply, why would anyone discount their goods or services? Other businesses wouldn't do it so why should a football club?

2) Why are you looking to attend an event which is classed as a leisure activity and therefore a luxury purchase if you are unemployed? Its harsh that a lack of work will ultimately price you out of going to the game but that is hardly the clubs fault is it. Surely you would have other, more important financial priorities that should come first with your limited income - Good luck finding work soon

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As I said on the other thread.

As far as I am concerned its NORMAL price.

Gillingham was REDUCED from NORMAL price.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When we have destroyed Sunderland I shall start a "Best £30 I've ever spent" thread.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BIt of a sharp intake of breath from me when I found out my ticket is £28 (plus £14 for the boy). But being as its the same price as a normal ticket for a League game, its fair enough really. I think its just the considerable LEAP in cost from the price of the Gills game that makes it look harsh. But this tie is a different prospect from playing against a bunch of two-bob anonymous 4th division no-marks, so reinstating normal prices is justifiable IMO.

The £2 booking fee is still a bloody cheek though, being as all they're doing is activating our season ticket cards. That IS a bit of a pisstake.

The £2 booking fee is nothing to do with card fees and all to do with third party processing of online ticket sales. Not a bad gig really: set up an automated website that isn't all that great to be honest and then take £2 for every order you process. For our last cup game if everybody bought three tickets in 1 transaction that means approximately £12,000 for Iris-not a bad day's work.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
the last time we played a 1st round carling cup tie at home before gills was played out in front of a crowd of around 5k at withdean , the crowd at the amex was 16k tickets priced at around a average of £18 per head , whilst i really do sympathise with those that genuinely cant afford the sunderland match times have moved on ,this club is in the early stages of a huge transformation on and off the pitch , and it does not come cheap , everybody was over the moon when we signed CMS Hoskins Buckley ect but there is no way on earth these players would be here if we were not now at the amex and playing championship football .

now i for 1 do not want to go to a game at the amex with a half empty stadium because of the ticket prices but imo fans must simply take the changes on the chin as part of the clubs progression , as many many people have stated before the club is not a charity and finally i think the pricing of tickets has to be agreed by both clubs so who knows it maybe in fact sunderland that have requested the price ? .

at the end of the day the only way to know if the club has made a rick is when the attendance is announced but i would think it wont be much under the 1st round attendance v gills if at all .

It's all well and good saying 'take it on the chin', but there becomes a point where you can't. EVERYONE has a limit to the amount they can afford to (or are willing to) pay for games. Had this match been at a similar price to Gillingham I'd have a ticket. It's significantly more expensive, so I'm not going. It's not an issue for the club if I'm in the minority, but there WILL be a point where many people simply cannot afford to go anymore. If these fans are replaced by those who CAN afford it then there is not a major problem. If they aren't and attendances suffer then overall revenue will drop.

High prices aren't sustainable for long-term stability. Continued high prices will put people off (no matter how nice the pies are or how padded the seats).

The club is not in that position yet, but needs to tread carefully.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
2 things

1) The price for this game is the normal price for tickets, they have not been raised above what it would cost someone if they were to attend a single league game arther than hold a Season Ticket so they are not trying to cash in just because it is a Premier League team. (shows what a bargain the ST actually is) League games are over subscribed so the demand is there due to having such a high number of ST holders, in a market where demand outstrips supply, why would anyone discount their goods or services? Other businesses wouldn't do it so why should a football club?

2) Why are you looking to attend an event which is classed as a leisure activity and therefore a luxury purchase if you are unemployed? Its harsh that a lack of work will ultimately price you out of going to the game but that is hardly the clubs fault is it. Surely you would have other, more important financial priorities that should come first with your limited income - Good luck finding work soon

:clap2: Totally agree with this!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
It's all well and good saying 'take it on the chin', but there becomes a point where you can't. EVERYONE has a limit to the amount they can afford to (or are willing to) pay for games. Had this match been at a similar price to Gillingham I'd have a ticket. It's significantly more expensive, so I'm not going. It's not an issue for the club if I'm in the minority, but there WILL be a point where many people simply cannot afford to go anymore. If these fans are replaced by those who CAN afford it then there is not a major problem. If they aren't and attendances suffer then overall revenue will drop.

High prices aren't sustainable for long-term stability. Continued high prices will put people off (no matter how nice the pies are or how padded the seats).

The club is not in that position yet, but needs to tread carefully.

Don't go then fella, wake up at look at prices other clubs charge in our division, you need to step out of your bubble and enter the real world!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The £2 booking fee is nothing to do with card fees and all to do with third party processing of online ticket sales. Not a bad gig really: set up an automated website that isn't all that great to be honest and then take £2 for every order you process. For our last cup game if everybody bought three tickets in 1 transaction that means approximately £12,000 for Iris-not a bad day's work.

Ahh, didn't realise it was a 3rd party organisation processing the online ticket applications.

Doesn't make it any more paletable mind, having stumped up £42 for the tickets and getting stung for another £2 on top. Talk about money for old rope.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If they don't fill the AMEX the prices have been overcooked. Personally I think they have overcooked this one a bit and we're fall a bit short of what should be a sell out. If it were the FA Cup the price would be justified, but for the Carling its different. Sunderland's main objective is still the Premiershite...

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Don't go then fella, wake up at look at prices other clubs charge in our division, you need to step out of your bubble and enter the real world!

A bit harsh. I haven't said the price is too high - simply that it's too high FOR ME. That's why I'm not going. I can't afford it at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here