Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am afraid the club have messed up this time!

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Market forces, innit.

A possible master stroke by the club too. They'll be plenty of opportunity for fans that otherwise couldn't go to catch the Albion bug.

:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tickets showing as Sold Out - is the website being silly as usual, or have we shifted these 'expensive' tickets in record time?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Peterborough v Middlesbrough - adult ticket... behind the goal... £15
So their ticket are half the price of ours. Did their stadium cost half as much to build - no. A quarter as much - no. And did they just spend £2.5 million on a striker - no, they sold one for £2.5 million!

Reducing the price means either:
a) having a less good team
b) asking Tony to dip into his pockets

In my view:
a) - no thanks, I'm loving the improvement in our team
b) - you ask him. I think he's done enough. Coupled with the fact that to meet the rules we are suppsed to become self sufficient.

BlythMeister

Aug 30, 2010
Lewes
Tickets showing as Sold Out - is the website being silly as usual, or have we shifted these 'expensive' tickets in record time?

Hit "Add Reserved Seats" as per all other games.

They assume that all season ticket holders will be buying at first so as not to sell your season ticket seat to someone else ;)

With regard to price, i think it's high, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.
if we were looking at £30 for sitting on some scaffolding watching from the next district (withers) then fair play, have a moan.
but this should be decent football in a decent stadium.

i still have a feeling the club have more planned with the loyalty points scheme, and could offer discounts to "long serving" supporters
but at the moment, there are too many people on the same levels of loyalty, give it some time though!

for 500 loyalty get a 5% discount, then you loose the points, like a semi currency.
(that wouldn't be confusing...will it LOL)

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I cannot afford to go to this game.
3 home games in a week is pushing it.
I have a "footy budget"
This exceeds my budget.
I am not angry.

It is part of Life that we cannot always have the things we desire, unless of course you live in Hackney then you just take it.

Couldn't agree more.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think there was a slight reduction.

Point is that was THREE years ago...Man City were a different team then.

Exactly, and if people hadn't noticed, we are also a different team, playing in a different stadium in a different league.

It's all well and good saying 'take it on the chin', but there becomes a point where you can't. EVERYONE has a limit to the amount they can afford to (or are willing to) pay for games. Had this match been at a similar price to Gillingham I'd have a ticket. It's significantly more expensive, so I'm not going. It's not an issue for the club if I'm in the minority, but there WILL be a point where many people simply cannot afford to go anymore. If these fans are replaced by those who CAN afford it then there is not a major problem. If they aren't and attendances suffer then overall revenue will drop.

High prices aren't sustainable for long-term stability. Continued high prices will put people off (no matter how nice the pies are or how padded the seats).

The club is not in that position yet, but needs to tread carefully.

I really don't understand what everyone's problem is. If you can't afford it then that's bad luck and you have to budget for that. At the end of the day, the club are charging normal league prices for a game against one of the best teams in the country that are likely to be challenging for the premiership this year and competing in the Champions league. Exactly how much did people pay for a seat in the South Stand at Withdean for a cold wet windy winter match against the likes of Walsall etc. No roof, no beer, no decent anything.

As for those arguing that it is a big increase from the price STH pay for league games, can you remind when in the history of BHA have STH bought cup games at a discount to everyone else?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Peterborough v Middlesbrough - adult ticket... behind the goal... £15

Against a side they'll meet twice in the league before the end of the year.
Exeter v Liverpool & Bournemouth v WBA both £25 are a better comparison as they're both playing prem sides.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
2) Why are you looking to attend an event which is classed as a leisure activity and therefore a luxury purchase if you are unemployed? Its harsh that a lack of work will ultimately price you out of going to the game but that is hardly the clubs fault is it. Surely you would have other, more important financial priorities that should come first with your limited income - Good luck finding work soon

Absolutely agree with this, I have my own business and can just afford to go, Its unthinkable that without work there is no way It would enter the equation there would be money to attend football matches.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
the club are charging normal league prices for a game against one of the best teams in the country that are likely to be challenging for the premiership this year and competing in the Champions league.

I'll have a pint of what your drinking.

Sunderland wont finish anywhere near a champions league place let alone challenge for the premiership title. They will ,according to Bruce, be targeting the cups .

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I agree. I don't have a problem with the club charging that much - I can't afford it but I understand the reasons behind it. However, there's a price point that everyone has (individually) where you can't justify the outlay, be that £25, £45 or £75 for any particular match. This match (after accounting for my travel, food, etc - not the club's problem) is right on the edge for me so I've decided not to go.

With regard to the general point of pricing the club get more money by charging 20,000 people £20 than by charging £30 and only getting 13,000. It'll be interesting to see what the gate is for this one. Hopefully the club have it right and we'll get 16k+.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Everyone has to watch the pennies these days. I would love to go to every home and away game but reality dictates that I have to make a choice.

On this occasion I would rather watch us play a Premiership side in the comfort of the Amex for £24 - and go to one less away game, at an inferior ground that will otherwise probably cost me significantly more.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Sunderland wont finish anywhere near a champions league place let alone challenge for the premiership title. They will ,according to Bruce, be targeting the cups .

You're right, to busy reading a post about that mickey mouse outfit Man City and the wires got crossed!!!

Must do better next time. Still, Sunderland are a good team.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Would there be so many comments about the price if we were playing Liverpool? Or if we were home to Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City etc.. in the next round?? I doubt it.

Personally I can't afford to go to this game and the Peterboro one with my son. I would prefer to go to Peterboro but if I can't get a ticket for that I will go to this.

That is life.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
one [Sunderland] of the best teams in the country that are likely to be challenging for the premiership this year

You should get a job in the Sky marketing dept.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It does seem that most people are NOT whinging about these prices and rightly so.

Personally, I'm in the "I can't afford it, so I not going" camp. Ho hum, them's the breaks. I'm not angry either. Oh and I'd much rather go to a league game anyway as the league cup is an irrelevance to me, until the quarter finals maybe.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
In my opinion, I think that the issue is that it has all come at once;

Actual Scenario
3 shirts - £110 (2 adults / 1 child)
Pre-season friendly - v Tottenham - £60 (1 adult / 2 kids)
League Cup - Gillingham - £80 (2 adults / 2 kids)
Portsmouth - £60 (1 adult / 2 kids)
League Cup - Sunderland - £67 (1 adult / 2 kids)

Alternative Scenario
If we had played Exeter instead of Tottenham - £20 (1 adult / 2 kids)
If we were in Withdean with the same kit, no shirts to buy. £0
If we had lost in the Cup, no Sunderland tickets to buy. £0
If we had drawn Portsmouth away in the middle of the season and Middlesborough instead - £0 (for me - too far away).

Now, which scenario do you prefer? I know which I prefer.. :clap:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hit "Add Reserved Seats" as per all other games.

They assume that all season ticket holders will be buying at first so as not to sell your season ticket seat to someone else ;)
Ah, so they're not on general sale yet then (I'm not an STH this year). It's confusing because for the pompey game it simply said you need x number of loyalty points (ie, STH first), and you knew the tickets were still on sale. Just one of those silly things they need to fix.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

but at the moment .......................... (somehow, I don't think the prices would have been cheaper had we drawn a lower club like, say, Chelsea, or ............... Arsenal!)

Barclays Premier League : Table
Sunday, 14 August 2011 17:53 UK
| Home | Away
Team
1 Bolton
2 Man Utd
3 Wolverhampton
4 Liverpool
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 Norwich
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Sunderland
7 Wigan
8 Arsenal
9 Aston Villa
10 Chelsea
11 Fulham
12 Newcastle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here