Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am afraid the club have messed up this time!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I paid £30 for my ticket to go to Portsmouth and sit in a crappy seat in an awful stadium so £24 to see a premiership side come and play at the Amex on a lovely padded seat is a bargain.

There aren't actually that many angry fans. Its just 30 or so people on NSC. At least 75% of them will go anyway. You would be paying the same amount for a normal league game if you didn't hold a season ticket. Think how much Tony Bloom has put out for the stadium, and you are complaining because of a £24-£30 ticket price for a football match.

These

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
1, The price is exactly the same as for a league game.

2, Season ticket prices are cheaper per game because you are buying in bulk & upfront & are therefore getting a discount

3,This game is not part of the season ticket so why should it be cheaper?

4,We all have to make decisions based on price at some point be it the price of a ticket or the price of a holiday.It's an unfortunate fact of life.

5, BHA is not a charity so why do people expect them to act like some benevolent uncle?

6, If you don't want to pay full price don't go. if you cant afford to go, I'm very sorry for you but we've (nearly) all been in that position so reread point 5

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think £24 is a bit on the high side, but it's not to line TBs pocket. Clearly, whatever the club makes....will be re-invested in the club/players. No complaints from me about that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I say we should all turn up at the Amex one night wearing hoodies and scarves and LOOT the ticket office*

*Hint for the Terminally Stupid: please do NOT turn up at the Amex wearing hoodies and scarves or loot the ticket office

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
For the first time in 20+ years I will be making the decision about attending a home game based on cost... £72 (for 2 adults - because they also took away the U21 prices this year, and one U18) for a LC game. That would suggest that it is at least a marginal decision by the club.

Sorry but no.

What that suggests is that it is a marginal decision for you....... a suggestion reinforced by the majority of responses. Don't get me wrong, I am truly sorry that you can't afford to take all the family to every match (just as I can't) but you shouldn't blame the club any more than you should blame yourself. Maybe its a good time to get greedy and make it a treat just for Dad for once :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sorry but no.

What that suggests is that it is a marginal decision for you....... a suggestion reinforced by the majority of responses. Don't get me wrong, I am truly sorry that you can't afford to take all the family to every match (just as I can't) but you shouldn't blame the club any more than you should blame yourself. Maybe its a good time to get greedy and make it a treat just for Dad for once :)

I'm not blaming anyone. Just commenting on the fact that, although my circumstances haven't changed, I am seriously questioning, for the first time in 20+ years, whether or not to go to a home game, based on price. That is all.

TBH I also feel the same about Test Match tickets which have now gone up to £70+. I have stopped buying them.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It would appear that there is a an element of greed going on with the pricing of the Sunderland game. You only have to look on this site too see how angry the fans are.
Those that feel the price is justified on the grounds that they are premiership opposition need to think back to the FA cup pricing.
Unfortunately I can not see me or my son attending this match as I have been made redundant and feel that £40-45 for us to go is too much.

Football should be the last thing you need to worry about after being made redundant. Meanwhile the club are a business and will charge what they deem punters will bear. It is expensive, but what isn't nowadays?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

2, Season ticket prices are cheaper per game because you are buying in bulk & upfront & are therefore getting a discount

4,We all have to make decisions based on price at some point be it the price of a ticket or the price of a holiday.It's an unfortunate fact of life.

5, BHA is not a charity so why do people expect them to act like some benevolent uncle?

6, If you don't want to pay full price don't go. if you cant afford to go, I'm very sorry for you but we've (nearly) all been in that position so reread point 5

Excellent summation. Agree entirely, especially point 6.

I say we should all turn up at the Amex one night wearing hoodies and scarves and LOOT the ticket office*

*Hint for the Terminally Stupid: please do NOT turn up at the Amex wearing hoodies and scarves or loot the ticket office

Argus Headline tomorrow.

Officer of the law arrested for Inciting the terminally stupid to Riot.
:hilton:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the last time we played a 1st round carling cup tie at home before gills was played out in front of a crowd of around 5k at withdean , the crowd at the amex was 16k tickets priced at around a average of £18 per head , whilst i really do sympathise with those that genuinely cant afford the sunderland match times have moved on ,this club is in the early stages of a huge transformation on and off the pitch , and it does not come cheap , everybody was over the moon when we signed CMS Hoskins Buckley ect but there is no way on earth these players would be here if we were not now at the amex and playing championship football .

now i for 1 do not want to go to a game at the amex with a half empty stadium because of the ticket prices but imo fans must simply take the changes on the chin as part of the clubs progression , as many many people have stated before the club is not a charity and finally i think the pricing of tickets has to be agreed by both clubs so who knows it maybe in fact sunderland that have requested the price ? .

at the end of the day the only way to know if the club has made a rick is when the attendance is announced but i would think it wont be much under the 1st round attendance v gills if at all .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BIt of a sharp intake of breath from me when I found out my ticket is £28 (plus £14 for the boy). But being as its the same price as a normal ticket for a League game, its fair enough really. I think its just the considerable LEAP in cost from the price of the Gills game that makes it look harsh. But this tie is a different prospect from playing against a bunch of two-bob anonymous 4th division no-marks, so reinstating normal prices is justifiable IMO.

The £2 booking fee is still a bloody cheek though, being as all they're doing is activating our season ticket cards. That IS a bit of a pisstake.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I have had plenty of mates, most of whom support prem sides, asking about ticket availability.... not one has been the least bit suprised at the price and a few have commented "that's not bad". Says it all really.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
BIt of a sharp intake of breath from me when I found out my ticket is £28 (plus £14 for the boy). But being as its the same price as a normal ticket for a League game, its fair enough really. I think its just the considerable LEAP in cost from the price of the Gills game that makes it look harsh. But this tie is a different prospect from playing against a bunch of two-bob anonymous 4th division no-marks, so reinstating normal prices is justifiable IMO.

The £2 booking fee is still a bloody cheek though, being as all they're doing is activating our season ticket cards. That IS a bit of a pisstake.

Is this charge more to do with the cost of the debit / credit card companies will levy on the club for processing the transaction? I guess they have decided to pass it on to the fans.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I cannot afford to go to this game.
3 home games in a week is pushing it.
I have a "footy budget"
This exceeds my budget.
I am not angry.

It is part of Life that we cannot always have the things we desire, unless of course you live in Hackney then you just take it.

Hmmm, a calm, rational and reasoned response. Doesn't fit in at the moment.

We all need to face facts, big stadiums and quality teams and managers cost money. If you can't afford it, then yes it's sad, but I don't think the club are needlessly ripping you off. You'll just have to miss out. Surely everyoen knows what it's like to miss out on something because you can't afford it?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Like *thumbsup*

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lets get this in perspective.

If it was at Withers it would have been full price.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is this charge more to do with the cost of the debit / credit card companies will levy on the club for processing the transaction? I guess they have decided to pass it on to the fans.

I buy loads of stuff online using my debit card without being charged an additional fee for purchasing something. Why should a soccerball ticket (which isn't even being SENT) be any different ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here