Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am afraid the club have messed up this time!

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
It would appear that there is a an element of greed going on with the pricing of the Sunderland game. You only have to look on this site too see how angry the fans are.
Those that feel the price is justified on the grounds that they are premiership opposition need to think back to the FA cup pricing.
Unfortunately I can not see me or my son attending this match as I have been made redundant and feel that £40-45 for us to go is too much.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
It would appear that there is a an element of greed going on with the pricing of the Sunderland game. You only have to look on this site too see how angry the fans are.
Those that feel the price is justified on the grounds that they are premiership opposition need to think back to the FA cup pricing.
Unfortunately I can not see me or my son attending this match as I have been made redundant and feel that £40-45 for us to go is too much.

this

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would appear that there is a an element of greed going on with the pricing of the Sunderland game. You only have to look on this site too see how angry the fans are. Those that feel the price is justified on the grounds that they are premiership opposition need to think back to the FA cup pricing.

Yes there are hundreds of threads on this subject. Should be another along in about 30 minutes :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't see the problem, we have premiership competition so the club are charging full price? You do have a choice, if you can't go because you can't afford it you need to make sacrifices, much like most things ?!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I don't see the problem, we have premiership competition so the club are charging full price? You do have a choice, if you can't go because you can't afford it you need to make sacrifices, much like most things ?!

For the first time in 20+ years I will be making the decision about attending a home game based on cost... £72 (for 2 adults - because they also took away the U21 prices this year, and one U18) for a LC game. That would suggest that it is at least a marginal decision by the club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If I was Tony Bloom, I'd be really pissed off by the fans reaction to this. By all means, don't go if you can't afford it, to moan so much is embarrasing. Maybe we should stop signing players like Buckley, CMS, Will Hoskins and go back to buying Shane McFaul, Colin Hawkins and Chris Holroyd as they maybe more suited to the spending habits of our fans ? OR are we expecting Brighton and Hove Albion football club to continue being a loss making business, even with a new stadium ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I paid £30 for my ticket to go to Portsmouth and sit in a crappy seat in an awful stadium so £24 to see a premiership side come and play at the Amex on a lovely padded seat is a bargain.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
If I was Tony Bloom, I'd be really pissed off by the fans reaction to this. By all means, don't go if you can't afford it, to moan so much is embarrasing. Maybe we should stop signing players like Buckley, CMS, Will Hoskins and go back to buying Shane McFaul, Colin Hawkins and Chris Holroyd as they maybe more suited to the spending habits of our fans ? OR are we expecting Brighton and Hove Albion football club to continue being a loss making business, even with a new stadium ?

This.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I would have thought you would have more pressing matters to contend with , sorry to hear you have been made redundant, but shouldn't football come way down the list of priorities even if it was half price.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
There aren't actually that many angry fans. Its just 30 or so people on NSC. At least 75% of them will go anyway. You would be paying the same amount for a normal league game if you didn't hold a season ticket. Think how much Tony Bloom has put out for the stadium, and you are complaining because of a £24-£30 ticket price for a football match.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There aren't actually that many angry fans. Its just 30 or so people on NSC. At least 75% of them will go anyway. You would be paying the same amount for a normal league game if you didn't hold a season ticket. Think how much Tony Bloom has put out for the stadium, and you are complaining because of a £24-£30 ticket price for a football match.

How many times in the past 20 years have people complained about home ticket prices? Not many, I would say.

The fact that some people, myself included, are thinking of not buying tickets based on price, then I would say at least it is a marginal call by the club.

A mistake? maybe not... we'll see how many people pay up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Absolutely this. I will be making a 650 mile return trip and the cost of petrol will be greater than the entry price for me and two grandsons. FFS we are playing a quality premiership side in a multi million pound stadium. We are no longer a second rate club playing lower league dross at a running track.

This is the real world and success comes at a cost. Sorry if that means making choices. Mine was not to buy a season ticket because i knew i couldn't make enough games to justify the cost and for others maybe it needs to be not to go to every game?

Have the club got it wrong? Not for me.

I hesitate to suggest that some fans are being greedy but In this life you generally get what you pay for and I am happy, within my ability to do so, to pay for our success.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that it is only a "minority" of fans who are "angry" with the price for the Sunderland match (I'm dismissing the opinions of any stray Sunderland fans that wander onto the board, as they probably think we're still at Withdean).

The fact of the matter is that the prices charged reflect the standard of opposition that we're playing, I'd only expect them to be cheaper if we'd drawn someone like Hereford or Rochdale. I'm sure that the club would have done exactly the same thing if we were still at Withdean (and we'd have made a loss there despite a full house).

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Let's hope you don't draw us away in either cup competition this year - to be fair though seeing your team beat a Premiership side away from home has got to be worth £50 :blush:

I cannot afford to go to this game.
3 home games in a week is pushing it.
I have a "footy budget"
This exceeds my budget.
I am not angry.

It is part of Life that we cannot always have the things we desire, unless of course you live in Hackney then you just take it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here