Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hurzeler or Rydstrom [Potter rules himself out]

Please don’t merge. Prefer Hurzeler, Rydstrom, Martin, or other, as new manager?

• Fabian Hurzeler

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Russell Martin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Telegraph is reliable on football stories. All three names are on our shortlist. Personally I’m relaxed over TB’s eventual choice, implicitly trusting his judgement. I like the way they’re not rushing this.

IMG_4077.png

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Just what we need. Another new manager thread!

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
At least Cooper isn't on that list.

Rydstrom seems like a depressing appointment, destined to fail. Zero pedigree and limited success in a league equivilent to League One at best.

Hurzeler seems like a wildcard option. Had a bit of success and is young enough to be adaptable, but still a massive risk that could go tits up.

Potter is the obvious choice. Proven quality, knows the club. Pretty much guaranteed he won't get us in a relegation battle, even from the perspective of the most pessimistic of fans. Let's just pray he gets the gig.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
At least Cooper isn't on that list.

Rydstrom seems like a depressing appointment, destined to fail. Zero pedigree and limited success in a league equivilent to League One at best.

Hurzeler seems like a wildcard option. Had a bit of success and is young enough to be adaptable, but still a massive risk that could go tits up.

Potter is the obvious choice. Proven quality, knows the club. Pretty much guaranteed he won't get us in a relegation battle, even from the perspective of the most pessimistic of fans. Let's just pray he gets the gig.

If he was the obvious choice, he'd have have in the job already. Thankfully he's not and won't be.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
To be a fly on the wall in a potential Bloom and Potter interview for the job...

Bloom... ''So Graham, we'd like to interview you regarding the vacant managers position''.

Potter.. ''Sooooo, YOU want me back?''

Bloom.. ''Well that depends, do YOU want to come back?''

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
To be a fly on the wall in a potential Bloom and Potter interview for the job...

Bloom... ''So Graham, we'd like to interview you regarding the vacant managers position''.

Potter.. ''Sooooo, YOU want me back?''

Bloom.. ''Well that depends, do YOU want to come back?''

Potter "Well, I'd quite like an easy life again"

Bloom "I wish I could say that it would be, but there's a handful of NSCers that intend to boo you, or even rip up their season tickets and smash their iPhones"

Potter "It is what it is"

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
But I’m the first to bring the proven candidates into a single place for discussion. We can now shut out the noise of assorted false rumours.
Proven? Not seen anything confirming interest from the club itself. Still all rumors I’m afraid.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Don’t be afraid. The Telegraph is very reliable for football stories.
How do you know it isn’t Hurzeler’s representatives planting stories in the media to get an improved deal at St Pauli?

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The evidence posted on the thread that you’ve read and commented on many times
Rather than a washed up big six management failure
I thought you were pro Hurzeler an hour ago?

What’s changed?
You obviously haven't been following the thread!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here