Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Human rights arguement madness!!!!!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Fury over paedophile at child gym

Dan Norris MP has called for the man to be banned
A school is allowing a convicted paedophile to use its gym after being told that banning him could breach his human rights.
Concerned parent Anthony Callaghan alerted the authorities about the man, using the gym at Whitecross School in Lydney, Gloucestershire.

The man was convicted of sex abuse on three girls aged 12 and 13 in 1999.

But solicitors acting for the school and local council said a ban might infringe the man's human rights.

I strongly condemn those who show weaknesses in not protecting the most vulnerable in our society

Dan Norris MP

As a result, the child abuser has been allowed to go on using the leisure centre's facilities, which are shared by pupils and the public.

Child protection campaigners have described the decision not to bar him as "insane", and an MP has accused the authorities of putting his rights above those of the children.

"It's totally unbelievable that this man is allowed to carry on visiting the school and using the gym," Mr Callaghan said.

The child protection charity, Kidscape, described the decision not to ban the man as "crazy".

Dr Michelle Elliott, Kidscape director, said: "It's an extraordinary story. When a convicted child sex offender's rights are upheld over the children's safety, then the cuckoos are running the nest. It's just crazy, This is insane."

Police 'aware'

Labour MP Dan Norris, a former child protection officer, also criticised Forest of Dean District Council, which runs the gym, for not acting more decisively and instituting a ban.

"I strongly condemn those who show weaknesses in not protecting the most vulnerable in our society from individuals who are known to have seriously harmed children in the past," he said.

Gloucestershire Police said they were "aware" of the individual, but said they had received no complaints.

A spokesman for the Forest of Dean District Council said it would comment on the issue on Monday.

IMHO this pervert lost all his rights when he became a paedophile.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
unbelievable

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Unfortunately the threat of terrorism has bought HR to the attention of the masses, HR in the UK are very precarious, and because of this we get crazy decisions like the one outlined above.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yeah but what about his human rights? Poor chap.:shootself

No doubt someone on here will be quick to defend him.

Worrying times when something like this doesn't surprise anyone anymore.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just to give some balance to the argument

Aside from the Human Rights law - How do you deal with people that have committed a serious crime?

Should all rapists (male raping women) be banned from swimming pools where they are likely to see women? Should a murderer be banned from walking the streets as he is likely to bump into a human being?

There seems to be this point that Paedophiles are more dangerous when they are allowed to 'work' undercover and are pushed underground....

What is the best way to deal with paedophiles, as legally we can't incarcerate them for any longer than their prison term.

NB I am playing devils advocate before I am branded as anything...Yes, I am bored. :D

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Barrel of Fun said:
Just to give some balance to the argument

Aside from the Human Rights law - How do you deal with people that have committed a serious crime?

Should all rapists (male raping women) be banned from swimming pools where they are likely to see women? Should a murderer be banned from walking the streets as he is likely to bump into a human being?

There seems to be this point that Paedophiles are more dangerous when they are allowed to 'work' undercover and are pushed underground....

What is the best way to deal with paedophiles, as legally we can't incarcerate them for any longer than their prison term.

NB I am playing devils advocate before I am branded as anything...Yes, I am bored. :D

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun BURN HIM!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Commander said:
:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun BURN HIM!

Very tempting.

The Human Rights laws are very dangerous indeed. Exclusion in this case, could only be beneficial for the public! What is going to happen now? People are going to be less inclined to use the gym. This could very easily have been avoided/delayed and he could have been given a longer sentence!

Surely the key word in this whole thing is MIGHT. Just because some solicitors say his human rights might be infringed doesn't mean the concept of human rights is wrong. Until he is banned and the law is tested we only have the solicitors opinion to go on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

readingstockport said:
Surely the key word in this whole thing is MIGHT. Just because some solicitors say his human rights might be infringed doesn't mean the concept of human rights is wrong. Until he is banned and the law is tested we only have the solicitors opinion to go on.
Spot on. There are thousands of threads on NSC that reveal how wrong a local authority can be when it relies on the opinion of a single solicitor.

I must say I've always found that some of those who bleat most about 'pc madness' and 'humand rights' insanity are teh fiorst to fall back and use those self-same laws if they think their rights are being infringed. We had a cracker a few years ago, one of county's 'lads' was knicked.
Now he is a well known face and is certainly not a shy innocent violet. He is also often vociferous on the subjects of 'human rights' and 'pc madness'. He was more than willing to use the humand rights legislation he is so opposed to in order to slip out of the charge they laid against him.

He never did realise how hypocritical he looked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here