Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull fans completely out-sang us

They done good.

That fat bloke they brought along in the suit and Hull scarf also done good :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
What a change from the time when they had less than a hundred on a rain swept evening at the Goldstone. They were four down and very quiet as well as soaked, poor sods. The North Stand struck up with,
"Sing when you're fishing,
You only sing when you're fishing."

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was surprised how many they brought down considering the distance on a Friday night.
Great seeing the Santas and they did sing well.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
where you when you were shit!

13000 at home bottom of the football league thats what we are.

Hull can be as loud as they like they would never do the above.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Credit to them travelling all that way tonight, see their team beaten, but were still in good spirits.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:

But it underlines what a crap atmosphere we create at Withdean.

I agree. I think we should move to a new stadium!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Referee87 said:
I agree. There wasnt the aura around the stadium tongiht as tehre usually is. and there is. its not fantastic, but tonights atmosphere was dire.

The usual aura? :)

Referee87 said:
I agree. There wasnt the aura around the stadium tongiht as tehre usually is. and there is. its not fantastic, but tonights atmosphere was dire.

I actually thought the South Stand made a huge effort to lift the team when Hull were camping in our half in the first 10 or 15 minutes of the second half and they looked for all money as they were about to get the equaliser.

That doesn't always happen :)

I think McGhee is on to something when he says evening games have better atmospheres.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No it's the right word! I just don't think we can generate that much of an atmosphere at Withdean!

Considering the ground, it can't be helped!

edit: reply to referee

Last edited:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
no, i agree with that, but given the circumstances and with other games such as Palace, Plymouth etc there IMHO have been a better atmosphere than there was tongiht. plus the fact i ahve a sore throat, i didnt feel like singing much but tried. I just felt that the game was on a tuned down version to usual....when we get falmer tho,,,anything less than full blown sound will be a disgrace.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
I actually thought the South Stand made a huge effort to lift the team when Hull were camping in our half in the first 10 or 15 minutes of the second half and they looked for all money as they were about to get the equaliser.

That doesn't always happen :)

I think McGhee is on to something when he says evening games have better atmospheres.
Also right at the end shouting the lads on to victory. :drink:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
By the Sportsman I bumped into 3 Hull fans prior to the game - they were 'lost'. I directed them to the 'old' away stand. :dunce:

After realising my mistake we caught up with the even 'loster' Hull fans & sorted it out for them.

A minute or so of banter ensued before we shoe'ed 'em...........:jester:

They were 'canny' people.....eating fishy from a dishy whilst I shagged my 7 boyfriends behind the trees.

Fairplay to Hull City fans - Friendly guys/Girls - good turnout & vocal.

:thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great performance by the Hull fans - best away support this season I thought.

That tiger was probably pretty warm though - has anyone ever seen an away side bring a mascot before? I don't think I have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here