Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield role call

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
If you're all going t' match a' 'uddersfield clap your hands.

:clap: :clap: (me and a mate)

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I would like to but i fear i will run out of money by then and there is a vicious rumour going around that i shall be working!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Basil Fawlty said:
We still can't afford it, and me working now at Adur for 50 f***ing p per hour for a work placement, I'm so damn depressed. :(

surely even at work placement level they are breaking the minimum wage law aren't they?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
so you have to work a full day to afford a mcdonalds extra value meal, mmm nice

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
have you taken it up with HR / Citizen Advice Bureau

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
why not just a job anywhere else? its coming up to xmas and theres nuff shops in brighton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Minimum Wages

The national minimum wage (NMW) means nearly all workers are entitled to a minimum hourly wage.
You're covered if you're a casual labourer, an agency worker, a homeworker, you're on a short-term contract or working for a subcontractor.
The minimum wage depends on your age and your employment status.
The standard hourly rate for workers aged over 22 is £4.50, rising to £4.85 from October 2004.
The standard hourly rate for workers between 18-21 and workers over 22 on the trainee rate is £3.80, rising to £4.10 from October 2004.
The minimum hourly wage for 16 and 17 year olds will be £3, but this will not be introduced until October 2004. Until then there is no minimum wage for under 18s.

Unfortunately, you're not covered if you're:

Under 18 (although this changes in October 2004 - see above)
An apprentice aged 19-25 in the first year of your apprenticeship. But you'll qualify for age-related NMW after that - unless you become a trainee
If you're living and working within a family - as a nanny or au pair, for example - and sharing meals without having to pay towards your accommodation or food.
Self-employed
A member of the armed forces
A share fisherman
A prisoner
A voluntary worker
A trainee on a government scheme

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
my brother works in shoe zone, and trust me if he can get a job, anyone can :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here