Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Engerland Engerland Engerland.!!!!!:vuvueng::vuvueng:

I bloody said we'd get there.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I wonder if Paddypower will be offering odds on him showing 3 yellows to the same player?
I suppose that is the closest we'll ever get to a World Cup final. No doubt Alan Green is livid and preparing a rant about how useless our referees are.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Congrats to Howard Webb. He has reffed very well at this WC*.

*Although I still haven't entirely forgiven him, for his WOEFUL 'homer' performance at Crewe, first game of the season about 4 years ago, when I completely lost my voice for a WEEK from SCREAMING at him.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good for him - I think he's reffed very well

I actually think the standard of refs and linesmen in these finals has been bloody good - best I can remember (those dozy Uruguayans and the officials in the Argentina/Mexico game apart).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently he spend hours watching DVDs of players to see how they try to con the ref for kicks and cards etc and also to watch how teams play so that he can be in the best [position to see what is happening and thus give the correct decisions. Very professional in everything he does.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Apparently he spend hours watching DVDs of players to see how they try to con the ref for kicks and cards etc and also to watch how teams play so that he can be in the best [position to see what is happening and thus give the correct decisions. Very professional in everything he does.

If this is true, then what a credit to refereeing he is.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
So apart from the obvious that England are not in the final otherwise he couldn't do it, why exactly is this terrible news?

:shrug:

Although he has been decent in the tournament as many have, I think this season his reffing was very inconsistent, European and he seemed to get big decisions wrong

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I don't think he would have got the final if Germany were in it, them having beaten us. Same with the Spain-Germany semi. They were obviously saving him for the final, dependent on it being Holland-Spain...Good luck to the bloke and his assistants, show the others how it is supposed to be done (hopefully...) :smile:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think he's been outstanding and TOTALLY deserves the gig.

That said, he's bound to f*** up in the Final but the question is HOW?

Dodgy pen, I reckon. Villa or Robben to take a tumble.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Congrats to him. Fully deserved, although I'm surprised as he didn't ref a quarter final or semi final did he?

Actually not reffing a quarter or semi final made him more likely for the big job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here