Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would Mourihno fair as England boss?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
But he can't buy a team - he would be limited to English players - and as there are not many of them in the Chelski team, I think we can guess what he thinks of English players in general!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
what about Porto, took an average team and won the Champs League?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
But it wasn't a Portuguese team - goals by a Brazilian and a Russian, the team was multinational. I don't know how he would do with a limited pool to choose from. I don't think he would tolerate the way the tabloids turn on him either. I'd like to see him try to manage England, he can't do any worse than the current fool.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
He's just a wind-up merchant having a laugh !

:nono: :jester: :shootself

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'd have him as the England manager anyday!

:clap2:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
HampshireSeagulls said:
But he can't buy a team - he would be limited to English players - and as there are not many of them in the Chelski team, I think we can guess what he thinks of English players in general!

Not many in the Chelsea team? He has more English players than most of the top teams, Cole, Lampard, Terry, Bridge, Wright-philips, thats almost half the English team.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I think he'd be good, when Sven goes I want either Mourihno, O'Neil or Wenger, big Sam can f*** right off :D

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Mourhino is adamant he would never take the England job and it should go to an Englishman, the only job he wants after Chelsea is the Portugal manager job.

I'd hate to see him get it anyway, he talks too much shit and always has someone else to blame if anything doesnt go his way, he's also a liar. A straight talking Englishman with some passion would be best choice I reckon someone whos worn the shirt, Pearcy or Robson have got potential, not too sure about Sam and Wenger can f*** right off after his contribution to English football to date

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
HampshireSeagulls said:

With Johnson and Bridge around the england set up with Carlton Cole in the under 21s

Then players in the front side Terry,Lampard, Joe Cole they aint doing bad for English players compared to some teams.

*cough* *cough* *arsenal*

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Northstander said:
what about Porto, took an average team and won the Champs League?

Average team? That's a myth I'm afraid.

Look at the Porto side that won that year and it's hardly average really. Not taking anything away from the achievement but they were hardly mugs. It was also the season that Monaco got to the semis if you remember and they weren't exactly world beaters.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Average team? That's a myth I'm afraid.

Look at the Porto side that won that year and it's hardly average really. Not taking anything away from the achievement but they were hardly mugs. It was also the season that Monaco got to the semis if you remember and they weren't exactly world beaters.

Winning the Champions league ha s a huge slice of luck to it now - Porto should have been knocked out by utd till Howard thought it would be fun to slap the ball to The Porto forward.

Liverpool last year were heading out untill Gerrard saved them as well.

Good choice. Has players support, builds a good mean defence, and win games, uses players in their best positions, simple and effective.

He seems to prefer 4-5-1, so that would have interesting implications for England.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
He seems to prefer 4-5-1, so that would have interesting implications for England.

Agreed. But he would have no trouble picking players to suit this formation and dropping those he felt were not up to scratch/fit whatever.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
No No no... Bring on Big Sam - the England team need an English Manager

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
surrey jim said:
No No no... Bring on Big Sam - the England team need an English Manager

Needs bigger team experience IMO, un proven!

:nono:

The Northstander said:
Needs bigger team experience IMO, un proven!

:nono:

and dealing with "big name" players and experience of international, especially European football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here