Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will we demonstarte if still no decision come the Labour Conference?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I personally think if there hasnt been a decision by the time the conference roles into town then we should demonstrate as if it has been rejected.

A. Becasue by then they will be totally taking the Piss

B. Because, I hate to say, I think theyll say No if it goes past that date and they'll be postponing the decision just to avoid ugly scenes.

So how would we play it?

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just don't throw anything at him !!

prescott3.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Albion Dan said:
I personally think if there hasnt been a decision by the time the conference roles into town then we should demonstrate as if it has been rejected.

A. Becasue by then they will be totally taking the Piss

B. Because, I hate to say, I think theyll say No if it goes past that date and they'll be postponing the decision just to avoid ugly scenes.

So how would we play it?

Peaceful civil disobedience in town for the duration of the conference. Cancel their hotel bookings and restaurant reservations, get cabbies to refuse to take them, pelt Prescott with absolutely thousands of blue'n'white painted eggs every time he shows his face in public. Embarrass them so publicly that it makes the front pages of every newspaper and the headlines of every news broadcast at home and abroad. Make sure these ugly scenes happen, cos if it drags on til late September they will have sold us all down the river sure as eggs is eggs.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I could throw myself in front of him like the Pankhurst emancipation lady did in front of the king's horse at the races.

Kind donations for my funeral to be sent to Ned Ludd at Newhaven :dunce:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Blue powder in condoms? lol

harry_h

Dec 30, 2003
Hove
Yorkie said:
I could throw myself in front of him like the Pankhurst emancipation lady did in front of the king's horse at the races.

Kind donations for my funeral to be sent to Ned Ludd at Newhaven :dunce:

:lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Get all of the FFA banners used in Cardiff, hang them up all along the seafront opposite the delegates' hotels...if nothing else we'll learn just how supportive the council really is depending on whether they let them stay or take them all down.

Imagine those poor buggers (delegates and party members) having their breakfasts, looking out to sea-only to see JP's fat face grinning at them from across the road-no matter which direction they look in:lolol:. Most of the morning tv interviews use the seafront as the backdrop-JP's fat face in everybody's face first thing in the morning:ohmy:

If we use strong elastic to hang them up we can use them to fire water balloons at him from across the road as he walks to his car(s).

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Dover said:
Does anyone know anyone with an aeroplane so a banner could be towed along the seafront?

Think I've still got mine in my garden.

Seriously, it is a good idea. Would it be a no fly zone if there are politicians around?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
As I said in an earlier post, JP and Labour need to be aware that if they don't make the right decision - a huge "YES" - and make it quickly, then they are gonna face serious political consequences... this includes facing a revolution at their conference, which in turn means negative publicity for them, and losing their 3 Brighton and Hove MP's...

Ivor Caplin needs to give him the nod on this, soonest...

The banners and blue and white eggs suggestions above sound good to me... also, the organised disruption of their schedules...

Until they say yes, the threat must remain... we're so close now... mustn't take our foot off of the accelerator...

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Don't for heaven's sake do what some pro-hunt protestors did in Kendal. They threw an egg at Prescott, but it was hard-boiled!

That, I'm afraid to say, is so typically bloody Cumbrian it's untrue...

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Just a salutary note, you will not get within a mile of the senior delegates as security due to possible terror acts will be very high. Personally, I think a very large presence chanting outside as they enter on the first day would be the best way of showing them there are plenty of votes in this issue, that tends to focus politians minds.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
fatboy said:
Think I've still got mine in my garden.

Seriously, it is a good idea. Would it be a no fly zone if there are politicians around?

I can imagine there being massive security. In the past when Labout have come to town there have been warships stationed in the Channel, helicopters overhead, and an entire section of the seafront fenced off and covered in security screens. "Tonytown" I think it's called.

Perhaps it might be a good idea, a little nearer the time if we haven't heard anything, to prime some Labour delegates to bring the matter up whenever they see Prezza.

I'm sure we can think of a suitable series of attention-grabbing and news-grabbing protests. After all, when about twelve women held an anti-Bellotti protest outside the Lib Dem conference one year, it made the national TV news.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Get thousands of Albion fans to sit outside the conference in the road blocking traffic. Cause chaos.

... and eggs.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here