Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will we beat Palace again...........

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
With no Paul McShane or Hendo and with Palace having Johnson back it's going to be a tall order, so i reckon we will need to make a few changes.
Johnson will need man marking and the only player with the speed for that is OGH.
Dodd to play Left back, Reid to play right back.
Oatway will be back to add the fight in midfield that we need
A "chomping at the bit" Leon Knight is a must.
Hopefully someone will find their shooting boots....

THE 12th MAN IS GOING TO HAVE TO DO HIS BIT............WE WILL NEED TO REALLY GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND REMIND THEM HOW IMPORTANT THIS FIXTURE IS

Your views.......

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Let them worry about us. Johnson will probably pretend to be injured just to avoid Guy.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
Let them worry about us. Johnson will probably pretend to be injured just to avoid Guy.

:lolol: :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
dougdeep said:
:clap: :clap:

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Blayney

Hart ElAbd Butters Dodd

Carole Reid Oatway Hammond

Knight Frutos

Chaigneaux Mayo Jarrett Robinson CKR

Frutos seems to be the only one able to shoot so stick him up front.

Obvious weakness at the back but not the game to bring Elphick in.

Hart is doing well at right back.

Want to see Reid back in the middle.

Assume Chippy will still be out.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't think Dowie will start with Johnson. He's been out for a while and broke down after his last comeback, so he probably won't want to risk him by throwing him onto the heat of a derby game from the start. Freedman and Morrison seem to have been doingo.k in his abscence so I reckon he'll probably start with them and bring Johnson on if and when he's needed.

As for losing Henderson and McShane. Blayney should be an adequate replacement for Henderson- at the beginning of the season McGhee and Knight came under some pretty heavy criticism for not pulling out all the stops to sign him. McShane will be more of a loss, but hopefully Dodd will be able to replace him fairly well.

Assuming Dowie does start with Freedman and Morrison, I'd like to see us play 3-5-2. A proper 3-5-2, not with wing backs.

Dodd, Butters and El Abd should be a pretty solid, uncompromising back three, and should have enough experience to cope with their front two.

In the middle of the pitch(the good old 'engine room' I'd like to see Hammond, Oatway and Reid. It's a game thats made for charlie. He can snap at the ankles of any player in a dogshite shirt, get in their faces, wind them up, make them lose their cool etc. Hopefully Reid will be able to play some of those killer through balls(to feet) a la sheff utd away, and Hammond can get up the pitch to support the front two. Our two frenchies can push up onto the full backs and create 'havoc'. Hopefully by outnumbering them in midfield we can nullify their attacking potentioa and have more of a hold on the game.

Up front will obviously be a fired up and desperate to prove his critics wrong, Leon Knight. Partnered by...? This is where I'm not sure. Jake and CKR seem better as subs. El Turi is an unknown quantity and McPhee is missing that certain something. I'm going to plump for CKR.

--------------Blayney----------------
----El Abd---Butters---Dodd-----
Carole--Reid---Oatwy---Hammond---Frutos
--------CKR---------Knight------------

Subs:
French keeper
OGH
Nicolas
Jake
Jarret.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
well at least we're at home and not bottom of the table this time, so isn't that an improvement, and look at our home record against them.

having said all that I'm worried :(

Stumpy Tim

Hart to man-mark Andrew Johnson!! I'm sorry, but that's absurd. Marking someone like AJ takes someone who can read the game well or put him under pressure - not someone who can almost keep up with him over 100 metres.

I agree with the 3-5-2 formation, but I don't want to see Carole or Frutos as wing-backs. I would go:

Blayney

El-Abd, Dodd, Butters,
Reid, Oatway, Hammond, Mayo
Carole
Knight, Jake

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Stumpy Tim said:
Hart to man-mark Andrew Johnson!! I'm sorry, but that's absurd. Marking someone like AJ takes someone who can read the game well or put him under pressure - not someone who can almost keep up with him over 100 metres.

I agree with the 3-5-2 formation, but I don't want to see Carole or Frutos as wing-backs. I would go:

Blayney

El-Abd, Dodd, Butters,
Carole
Knight, Jake
I actually think OGH does read the game well, but my opinion is obviously irrelivent.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
lock them in the changing room?

what?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
Mcghee picking his best players?

And his best players not acting like spoilt little pricks?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Stumpy Tim said:

Blayney

El-Abd, Dodd, Butters,
Carole
Knight, Jake

Carole in a central role is as daft as Leon in a wide role :nono:
Mayo in midfield? (or is he a wing-back?)
No height in any of those fron three ....

BatterSeagull said:
Blayney

Hart ElAbd Butters Dodd

Carole Reid Oatway Hammond

Knight Frutos

Chaigneaux Mayo Jarrett Robinson CKR

Frutos seems to be the only one able to shoot so stick him up front.

Obvious weakness at the back but not the game to bring Elphick in.

Hart is doing well at right back.

Want to see Reid back in the middle.

Assume Chippy will still be out.

Yeah, I like this good creative thinking. Would probably still go with Nicolas over Reid in midfield but this is a team that would make things tough for Palace.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think for once Withdean will be an advantage to us as Palarse have pretensions of going back up (no f***ing way!) . I would like to see Leon and CKR team up as the starting strikers with the option of bringing on Jakey and the Argie as subs. With Fruity and Seb on the wings getting crosses in to CKR and playing it on the floor to Leon we can achieve the double over the scum. At the back Kebab, Doddsy and Tank will do the business but my only concern is with OGH who is sometimes outpaced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here