Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How weak is the Championship currently?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I know parachute payments make a huge difference. But Burnley after barely laying a glove on the league last season are back to being totally dominant In the championship.

And looking at the teams who have come up and current squads you’d be surprised if more than one of the three stayed up. Saints have a worse team than they did when they went down.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know parachute payments make a huge difference. But Burnley after barely laying a glove on the league last season are back to being totally dominant In the championship.

And looking at the teams who have come up and current squads you’d be surprised if more than one of the three stayed up. Saints have a worse team than they did when they went down.
Luckily for the rest of the league, Burnley have Scott Parker in charge, so after a few months of looking like world beaters, they will implode and barely scrape over the line despite having a squad most of the Championship would die for.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Luckily for the rest of the league, Burnley have Scott Parker in charge, so after a few months of looking like world beaters, they will implode and barely scrape over the line despite having a squad most of the Championship would die for.
Fair point but I think they will go back up.

Listening to talksport this week gave me a good chuckle that Howe was going to struggle at Newcastle and take the England job and Parker would end up at Newcastle. It will be no surprise to anyone Parker has been a guest on the show a few days before.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Weak compared to what? Compared to PL, probably weaker than ever.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You only have to look at our squad to see how weak it is compared to the EPL I know our squad needs trimming but we could probably put 4 teams out (by raiding the U21s) and even the 4ths would be competitive in the Championship.

It's a bit sad really but on the positive side it does probably mean Portsmouth will spend at least a another decade in our shadow, and maybe two or three.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Sunderland v Massive is shaping up to be fun - lots of thud and blunder, Mackems 2-0 up after some comedy defending

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sunderland v Massive is shaping up to be fun - lots of thud and blunder, Mackems 2-0 up after some comedy defending
Now 3-0 and the defending isn’t improving

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've got the game on the TV every time I go out the room a goal is scored. Have even seen the replays.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Now 3-0 and the defending isn’t improving
monty williams GIF

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Not allowed to watch the game... don't have a Sheffield Wednesday shirt.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
5 shots on target and 4 goals, hope it’s shit defending and not shit goal keeping

My Massive supporting son in law is not blaming Beadle for any of them though

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
5 shots on target and 4 goals, hope it’s shit defending and not shit goal keeping

Watching the game, Beadle could have done something for goals 3 & 4, but you’d be a little harsh to suggest he was at fault for any of them. He made a superb save end of 1st half, so should be 5-0. Massive defensive line is more like a squiggle.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Poor defending, very poor defending. Beadle has pulled off some very good saves.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Us beating them 3-0 in pre season (behind closed doors) doesn't seem so impressive now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here