Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to get your ex girlfreind back?

Jan 30, 2008
Quick story, my girlfreind of a year split with me over the weekend, it's all proper sad as all relationship endings are and feel pretty boo at the moment but just wondering if anyone could share their expiereinces of what they did in this situation.

We were together for about 15 months but since my dad got ill a few months ago it shook me and my attitude to her got worse and eventually ended up wrecking my relationship.

I've had relationship endings previously and handled them badly as in contacting them all the time, I love you all the time and calling them all the time, I realise this is the worst thing to do and wont do that, as much as im dying to.

Now I saw her this morning to drop something round to her, at the front door she told me she missed me, I simply responded with...this is your choice, she said she wants to stay in my life etcand for me to stay her freind and I again said this cannot happen and then said my goodbye's and walked away.

Just need some advice of what people have done to get the one they love back?

I'm not going to contact her or chase her at all...even though im desperate too.

We have a trip booked together a week friday to Milan, dont know what to do.com as yesterday as we travelled back from dublin together she said I'd still like to go.

Thanks in advance guys.
put a glove on cover your eyes, all will be ok :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
My opinion as a woman for what its worth:-

"Just want to be friends" usually means - I don't want to go out with you anymore!!!

You have presumably told her that you don't want to break up - so she is aware of this - do not contact her.

I would say Milan would be extremely strained under the circumstances and "in view of the circumstances I am making other plans" is a perfect response.

If she truly misses you then I would think she will contact you but beware that this isn't just because the boredom factor has set in and she fancies a night of passion with someone familiar!!!

My advice is never go back - it rarely works and is always worse the second split!!!
splitting what ?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Quick story, my girlfreind of a year split with me over the weekend, it's all proper sad as all relationship endings are and feel pretty boo at the moment but just wondering if anyone could share their expiereinces of what they did in this situation.

We were together for about 15 months but since my dad got ill a few months ago it shook me and my attitude to her got worse and eventually ended up wrecking my relationship.

I've had relationship endings previously and handled them badly as in contacting them all the time, I love you all the time and calling them all the time, I realise this is the worst thing to do and wont do that, as much as im dying to.

Now I saw her this morning to drop something round to her, at the front door she told me she missed me, I simply responded with...this is your choice, she said she wants to stay in my life etcand for me to stay her freind and I again said this cannot happen and then said my goodbye's and walked away.

I'm not going to contact her or chase her at all...even though im desperate too.

We have a trip booked together a week friday to Milan, dont know what to do.com as yesterday as we travelled back from dublin together she said I'd still like to go.

Thanks in advance guys.

I could take her to Milan for you if it helps

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
[MENTION=24083]byf1[/MENTION]

Do you have any female friends who your ex was irrationally jealous of? If so, take one of them to Milan.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
[MENTION=24083]byf1[/MENTION]

Do you have any female friends who your ex was irrationally jealous of? If so, take one of them to Milan.

Afraid not, she was pretty relaxed about stuff like that.

Days going slow today and its only day 1 apart.....still not texting her though, fcuk that!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Haven't read the thread other than the first post but heres my opinion.

She f***ed off when the going got tough, this is an indicator for the relationship, relationships need to be strong enough to withstand almost any eventuality.

My wife stuck with me through the illness and death of my Father, my Grand Father and my Sister in law, all of which had a huge impact on me.

So the answer is, would she stick by you and support you at your lowest points when you are most in need of love and comfort?

This is very sage advice. To the OP stop sitting around looking at your phone because she isn't looking at her's, go get yourself a new or old hobby to take your mind off of things.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Takes two to tango mate, she'll only come back if she wants to. On the plus side, the football starts again soon :thumbsup:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Lady Gull and Meades Ball sum it up pretty well.

We have all been there and got the T-Shirt, sounds like tears before bed time and all that.

The trip to Milan is an ideal way to get away and have some fun, go and enjoy yourself. Sign up to Match or something similar and go out for lot's of dates and meet lots of new people (women!). Your life partner might be round the corner and this split may help you find them.

As Lady Gull mentions if you get back together it's probably only a matter of time before she reverts to wanting to be friends again and then you have wasted another 6 months.

Easy to say from a distance but can only speak from my experience.

Haven't read the thread other than the first post but heres my opinion.

She f***ed off when the going got tough, this is an indicator for the relationship, relationships need to be strong enough to withstand almost any eventuality.

My wife stuck with me through the illness and death of my Father, my Grand Father and my Sister in law, all of which had a huge impact on me.

So the answer is, would she stick by you and support you at your lowest points when you are most in need of love and comfort?

this, what was she like after the 1-3 p****e match?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Grow a pair andmove on chap. You are wasting your time

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Walk away with dignity and don't look back.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.

Tough one mate.

First suggestion - don't get 'weird'. By that I mean calling, texting her constantly. So, just don't contact her. She probably needs some time to think about what she wants. Because of your fathers illness she could be under extreme pressure. I am not saying after time she will want to be with you again. You may find after time you don't feel the same anymore.

Second suggestion - Don't use your fathers illness to make contact. This will only push her away further. And can come across as desperate.

If she cares about you, she will contact you.

I know its hard but you have to stay strong. I was with a girl for nearly 3 years when she broke up with me. I shut her out my life, which was really hard. But after 8 months apart we started again and are happier than we have ever been. My father too is ill and she was under pressure with all that was happening when he needed treatment etc. She just needed time on her own to think.

I hope this helps. Don't get weird!

Take care.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Thanks in advance guys.

was gonna say f*** her best mate... but not a good plan.

Seriously looks like an easy one to me. Go see her say your sorry you dad situation has been really hard - you love her and take her to milan..... if she says she misses you thats a green light - good luck mate and enjoy milan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here