Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to get your ex girlfreind back?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
My opinion as a woman for what its worth:-

"Just want to be friends" usually means - I don't want to go out with you anymore!!!

You have presumably told her that you don't want to break up - so she is aware of this - do not contact her.

I would say Milan would be extremely strained under the circumstances and "in view of the circumstances I am making other plans" is a perfect response.

If she truly misses you then I would think she will contact you but beware that this isn't just because the boredom factor has set in and she fancies a night of passion with someone familiar!!!

My advice is never go back - it rarely works and is always worse the second split!!!

Thanks very much for your advice, appreciated.

I've got to sit tight, tough to do.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
By the way, I am off work for my holidays at the moment so if you need someone to go to Milan with.......just saying like.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Thanks very much for your advice, appreciated.

I've got to sit tight, tough to do.

I know it is hard - but take this time to meet your mates - go to footie - have a laugh - surround yourself with mates and laughter and in no time at all you will be back on it and having fun and will look back at this and put it down to experience!! xx Trust me I know xxxx

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No, I paid in full as a treat.

You did choose about the only unromantic city in Italy!!

I have actually been in a situation where girlfriend broke up with me, then weirdly maintained contact to the level that I never quite knew the situation. Personally, reflecting on that, I'd go to Milan with a mate (possibly catch a preseason game or European qualifier?). It saves there being any awkwardness or the potential for her taking the piss, but if she is still thinking it will kinda force the issue a bit. But then all relationships are different.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No, I paid in full as a treat.

Ideal, balls to taking her if its just mates, go and have a good time without her, helps not contacting her for a start as who wants to pay bloody £1 for a text abroad.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I always tend to get the idea that women are much better at drawing the line with a relationship than men are. They have an internal statement saying ENOUGH'S ENOUGH, and that's it. I know that isn't the case always, of course, a number of very sad cases seeming to have Stockholm Syndrome in an addiction to their torturers, but my very light experience says of women having a lline to cross in the first place. Men, on the other hand, have ownership issues, so as soon as their once loved one disappears, the fear of another todger taking up home in Hotel Le Flange enters their minds and the lust for WE WANT THEM BACK comes into being. Once again, it won't effect everyone in the same way, but i think it might a little more with fellas.

If i were you, i'd grow a nice moustache, whilst getting over fully whatever it was that that cursed you for a while, so that you're fit to be anyone's partner. Leave the door ajar to her mentally, of course, but you need to concentrate on getting yourself in order without thinking that you need to be with her or anyone else to feel ok. Moustaches give you power, i find. One large enough to completely cover the mouth adds a certain intrigue to an appearance too. Whenever someone talks, who has a huge upper-lip fleece, you have to wonder what's going on beneath it and what creature might nest in such an amazing monster. So, small changes, but concentrating on regaining self-belief and calm.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I would tend to agree with the statement that we get over blokes easier - we seem to have a built in 'shutters up' attitude - sad but true - x

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ring her up while some game lass is giving you a blowjob. Tell her that you'd like to give it another go. If she says no, at least some girl is blowing you. How bad can any man truly feel when his cock's in a woman's mouth? If she says yes, double bonus. Either way, you're getting your cock sucked friend.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Oh and delete her from your friend on Facebook as all her status updates will just drag you down even more x

If you don't want to fully delete her (might be a bit rude/awkward if you do stay in contact) you can change settings so that she doesn't come up on your news feed. Whatever you do though, tempting as it is, don't visit her profile every now and then just to see how she's doing. Chances are you'll see something you won't like.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Thanks everyone who has contributed.

So the route to go down is...

1 - No contact at all
2 - Dont go to Milan with her.
3 - wait and see

Have you resolved the problem with her that caused the break up? It's good that you are getting advice off different posters but I would've have thought that the first thing that needs to be done if you want to get back with her is to sort out the problem that caused the break up!

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Have you resolved the problem with her that caused the break up? It's good that you are getting advice off different posters but I would've have thought that the first thing that needs to be done if you want to get back with her is to sort out the problem that caused the break up!

No it hasnt been resolved yet as it was an ongoing battle that has never gone away but I do feel we need time to both realise this, especially her but thats all I can hope for is that she see's how important I am in her life.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Ring her up while some game lass is giving you a blowjob. Tell her that you'd like to give it another go. If she says no, at least some girl is blowing you. How bad can any man truly feel when his cock's in a woman's mouth? If she says yes, double bonus. Either way, you're getting your cock sucked friend.

Word.

If you're lucky she might even lick your ring piece if you start crying!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
My rubbish opinion, no doubt.

Like most have said I think the key is DISTANCE. If you're always at her and sound like a grovelling, shadow of a man then you're f***ed ( or not f***ed in this case)

What I thought was that, maybe as mentioned, she has got bored in the relationship and things have gone abit stale even to the extent that all the cute things you used to do and say now repulse her.

Firstly, have a quick think about all these possible things that might have been beginning to grate on her and stop doing them in her presence. Then shock her, (not sure on the exact particulars) but let her find out about the new you, all the things you are out suddenly doing, how well you're looking and generally how strong mentally you seem. Facebook or mutual friends could be of benefit here.

Go to Milan with a mate, good opportunity to let her know about the new fun things you're up to.

Give it time and what will be will be. Even if you don't get her back, the things you've been out doing will probably help with the healing process.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
No it hasnt been resolved yet as it was an ongoing battle that has never gone away but I do feel we need time to both realise this, especially her but thats all I can hope for is that she see's how important I am in her life.

And if she doesn't - it's her loss - that's how you have to look at it - self preservation and all that xx

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Word.

If you're lucky she might even lick your ring piece if you start crying!

I'm not saying the plan is flawless but it has it's plus sides. For instance, if she says yes, you can let out a little yelp of delight, thereby encouraging the lady you are with. On the down side, if she says no let's just be friends the ex may then in a friendly manner, as friends do, enquire how your mother is. In which case you are then gums deep in a bird while talking about your Mum on the phone. It's a bloody minefield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here