Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to deal with tossers at work

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
We all have them. They go around speaking to people like crap. They think they are the dogs bollocks, but I have solution to this. I have been at the sharp end of two people in the last month. If you dont answer back and say thank you and please, they learn to speak to you properly.

However if you treat them how they treat you, then they get worse, but you have also dropped down to their level.

Now Im not saying you should lick anyones arse, but if you are polite and don't rise to it they wont give you any shit.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Alternatively, take a shit in their tea.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Should have stole his coat then cummed in the pocket of it.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
We all have them. They go around speaking to people like crap. They think they are the dogs bollocks, but I have solution to this. I have been at the sharp end of two people in the last month. If you dont answer back and say thank you and please, they learn to speak to you properly.

However if you treat them how they treat you, then they get worse, but you have also dropped down to their level.

Now Im not saying you should lick anyones arse, but if you are polite and don't rise to it they wont give you any shit.

Maybe they thought the same about you? So now you're being polite and nice and surprise surprise they are the same back...

sureyyathegodofthephonein

nsc most loved
Apr 26, 2008
Having sex in a skip

Bad mouth the fuckers ive done it loads of times m8

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

I work in the catering industry and I find that it is the best way to deal with difficult or irate customers - 'I appreciate your comments and I will make sure the issues will be addressed' or give them a glass of wine on the house if their complaint is legit. I found that headbutting or verbally abusing customers tended to make the situation worse

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The best way to deal with someone who goes off on one is not to argue back, that is what they are expecting...my approach is to wait until they either stop, or draw breath, ask if they have finished and then just walk away. As a result their anger is increased massively, they probably lose face and I haven't wasted time in argument with someone who is a blatant tosser.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Are you talking about work colleague's or managers? I find if it's a work colleague they get told to shut the f*** up & get on with they're own job, where as if it's a manager I just remind them that bullying and harrassment in the work place is illegal so I'll talk to them again when they show a better attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here