Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To the good people of NSC I ask

How old is old ?.

When I was 16 I used to think anyone over 40 should just curl up and die. 40, my god how old. I also hear teenagers now talk about people of 40 as if they were ready for their bus pass and bath chair.

Now apparently 50 is the new 40 and 40 is the new 30. Is 50 Old ?. Is 40 old ?.

I look to people in their 60's still living life in the fast lane, Lemmy Kilminster of Motorhead at 62 shows many 20 somethings up. Felicity Kendal at 62 is still gorgeous.

Is it more about how old you feel and not how old you are ?.

I know 17 year olds who act like their 50 and 50 year olds who act like their 17.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As I'm 56, I'd say 57. This may well change on my next birthday though.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I am 62. When I used to take my 12 year old son out, people would ask him if he was enjoying spending time with his Granddad (me). So perhaps I am older than I think I am.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm 54 but few people believe it, I can pass for somebody at least ten years younger but so what ? It's more in the mind as long as you can stay reasonably healthy.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am a mere strapling of 43 but don't consider myself old, if you had asked me in my teens I would probably have said that 40 was aincient, like bhaexpress I can pass off for someone maybe 10 years younger...and as he says, it is certainly more in the mind as long as you treat your body with respect, you only get one attempt at it!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
To the good people of NSC I ask

How old is old ?.

When I was 16 I used to think anyone over 40 should just curl up and die. 40, my god how old. I also hear teenagers now talk about people of 40 as if they were ready for their bus pass and bath chair.

Now apparently 50 is the new 40 and 40 is the new 30. Is 50 Old ?. Is 40 old ?.

I look to people in their 60's still living life in the fast lane, Lemmy Kilminster of Motorhead at 62 shows many 20 somethings up. Felicity Kendal at 62 is still gorgeous.

I know 17 year olds who act like their 50 and 50 year olds who act like their 17.

When you can spell 'consensus' I guess you've reached maturity!! :lol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
When you can spell 'consensus' I guess you've reached maturity!! :lol:

...when you can accept that not everyone has a thesaurus or dictionary stuffed up their arse, that is when you can call yourself mature!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
when you cant get over Weather Forecast threads and continue to make pointless posts about being "right" - thats when you're Old :thumbsup:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I am 47 and this morning I feel old, and what is worse for no good reason. Was not out last night, did not have a drink, and am probably fitter now then I have been for over 10 years.

Age is related to your lifespan, when it's yourself you are thinking about.

"oh but he died young"
Well, if that was his whole lifespan, he was old on the day he died, in relation to his earlier life.
Age is irrelevant, while time is the most relevant thing in our lives...... but pondering on the past or relying on the future are both futile in comparison to the present.

Deepak Chopra; "The past is history, the future is a mystery, and this moment is a gift. That is why this moment is called 'the present'."

Life is completely and definitely dependent, and entirely attached to time. You and I and everything else is 'locked in' to time, while the present is the only moment we live in.

Perspective, is the most important quest for every one of us.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I only feel old when one of my family reachers another year.

Mrs will be getting her bus pass in 2 months time!

Regarding old Ian aka 'Lemmy', he shows many 20-somethings how to live with a horrible diet!
The seasoned bassman (Rockin' Vickers, Sam Gopal Dream, Opal Butterfly, Hawkwind, Motorhead etc and 1960's roadie for Hendrix Experience and Nice) is a regular at 'The Rainbow Bar and Grill' on Sunset, where he spends his evenings downing potato crisps and Jack Daniels. This habit resulted, a couple of years back, in one of his toes having to be removed from gangrene. Poor circulation is often known to necessitate amputation in the aged, sometimes whole limbs being removed to save them.

Aging happens to the best of 'em, Uncle S!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here