Votes: 8 20.5%
  • 7-12 Months

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm not talking cases here people, I'm talking about the fluffy innards that soak up the summer head sweat and months worth of DROOL!

Having just removed the cases for washing I notice my PILLOWS are rather disgusting...dont actually recall EVER washing them :glare:

Dancing Pillow -> :flounce:

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I wash mine less often than once a year. What do I select on the poll?

Actually, for the last 4 years I've had a memory foam one. It hasn't been washed, I guess that's the never category.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm with you although I always have two cases on to protect the pillow and extend the shelf life so to speak

Yep. Same. One of those special cases to protect against dust mites, etc. and then a normal pillow case.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I remember watching one of these how clean is your house type programmes and they said that when you hold a pillow it should be almost horizontal. If it starts to "fold" then you should get new ones as its knackered basically.

Pillows (and indeed duvets) are so cheap these days that it is not worth washing them usually, particularly duvets. Prob. I have with pillows is getting them dry, best done in the summer when you can hang them out, tumble drying makes them lumpy.

What a strange thread but, hey, I'm posting on it!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've been MUCHO allergic to everything lately. Never sneezed so much in my life. I may try this "washing" of which you speak....

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Can you wash feather ones? I washed everything this weekend as we've all had some flu or lurgy or sore throat or other this past few weeks and so thought it good to clear out all the germs...stupidly though I didn't think to wash the pillows and thats probably the part where most germs get trapped!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have fibre filling due to asthma (cannot have feathers) and a pillow protector under the two pillowcases. The pillows are replaced once a year.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Never.

I don't think they'd ever dry out as they're feathered so I just put up with the drool or spunk stains on them. :blush:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The pillows we have now have never been washed , the previous ones are now on Russ's bed , I think the missus has washed pillows in the past but then thrown them away as the innards disintegrated.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just chucked the first two in the wash, apparently you can get NEW ones up Tesco for less than £2 each, so if they come out ruined I know where to go!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its cheaper to buy a new duvet than get it dry cleaned or the hassle of washing it in the bath during a warm spell in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here