Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much will we get for CMS when he's sold in the summer?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
???

When your most expensive player ever comes off when you're chasing a game, it suggests the manager has lost faith with you. Poyet's done it a lot recently as well, although today was the first time it's actually paid off.

He hasn't built the side round Mackail-Smith as he said he would, he hasn't got goals out of him, and he now prefers to opt for Barnes up front.

Not many Albion managers could get away with wasting £2.5 million. £2.5 MILLION.

Not even sure we'll be able to save face in the summer, a 28 year old who doesn't look much more than a 10 goal a season striker? 500k max.

What a disappointment.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
???

When your most expensive player ever comes off when you're chasing a game, it suggests the manager has lost faith with you. Poyet's done it a lot recently as well, although today was the first time it's actually paid off.

He hasn't built the side round Mackail-Smith as he said he would, he hasn't got goals out of him, and he now prefers to opt for Barnes up front.

Not many Albion managers could get away with wasting £2.5 million. £2.5 MILLION.

Not even sure we'll be able to save face in the summer, a 28 year old who doesn't look much more than a 10 goal a season striker? 500k max.

What a disappointment.

£0.50

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
???

What a disappointment.

Reading offered £3.5m just over 4 weeks ago which we turned down, so Im pretty sure we stand to make a decent profit if we do decide to sell.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Reading offered £3.5m just over 4 weeks ago which we turned down, so Im pretty sure we stand to make a decent profit if we do decide to sell.

Really? We should have taken the offer.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Yeah, you're right WW. Not like he was taking the little guy off to put the big guy on and go more direct. Noooo, nothing actually tactical and making sense like that. Just that we're definitely going to sell him in the summer. Thanks for your wisdom.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
???

What a disappointment.

As is your life I guess?

Valid point though.

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Really? We should have taken the offer.

Quite.

Not even fishing with the thread - just frustrated we've wasted a COLLOSAL amount of money on a player who runs around for an hour each week, gets knackered, gets subbed.

Disappointing to say the least. Anyone who thinks I'm on a wind-up for daring to suggest that the signing hasn't really worked out for the best is kidding themselves.

His only contribution tonight? Miss from 2 yards out and get substituted. And that's in the middle of his best scoring run since he joined!!

Just hope there's other teams like Reading with more money than sense.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
CMS has just bought a house in Sussex and loves it at the Albion.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I was only joking when I said £0.50. I still think he's a good lad. I mean it.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Quite.

Not even fishing with the thread - just frustrated we've wasted a COLLOSAL amount of money on a player who runs around for an hour each week, gets knackered, gets subbed.

Disappointing to say the least. Anyone who thinks I'm on a wind-up for daring to suggest that the signing hasn't really worked out for the best is kidding themselves.

His only contribution tonight? Miss from 2 yards out and get substituted. And that's in the middle of his best scoring run since he joined!!

Just hope there's other teams like Reading with more money than sense.

Been saying exactly this for a long time. People still struggle to accept that he is a good league 1 striker

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yawn, it does frustrate me that the first half of games are so tactical at times and without real intent from either side which is no good for CMS.

We make the positive subs and take CMS off.... when he got absolutely no decent passes all night, if CMS had stayed on when Noone and Buckley came on I think we would have won the game.

All those who want rid have no idea. He is not going anywhere. And if he does go, then you will realise what a good player and what a good job he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here