Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much will we get for CMS when he's sold in the summer?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yawn, it does frustrate me that the first half of games are so tactical at times and without real intent from either side which is no good for CMS.

We make the positive subs and take CMS off.... when he got absolutely no decent passes all night, if CMS had stayed on when Noone and Buckley came on I think we would have won the game.

I don't WANT rid at all.

I want him in the team, scoring goals.

But it doesn't look like Gus is quite so keen these days, or if he is, he isn't sure how to go about it. And that's a great shame when you've spunked more money on the player than any other Albion manager has spent on an entire squad.
All those who want rid have no idea. He is not going anywhere. And if he does go, then you will realise what a good player and what a good job he does.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Quite.

Not even fishing with the thread - just frustrated we've wasted a COLLOSAL amount of money on a player who runs around for an hour each week, gets knackered, gets subbed.

Disappointing to say the least. Anyone who thinks I'm on a wind-up for daring to suggest that the signing hasn't really worked out for the best is kidding themselves.

His only contribution tonight? Miss from 2 yards out and get substituted. And that's in the middle of his best scoring run since he joined!!

Just hope there's other teams like Reading with more money than sense.

Awful miss or very good save? Matter of opinion I guess.

Service tonight poor...not sure what happened to the 'the boys hav realised they need to vary there game' comment from Poyet after the Ipswich game in connection to CMS...tonight we didn't seem to give him anything to run onto ...he started to com very deep to get the ball....there were a few times in tht first half when players raised there hand as an apology to CMS for failing to spot his runs..I'd also add tht Cardiff hav 2 strong central defenders

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think we're down to about four players that haven't been slagged off tonight now. Impressive stuff.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We wont sell him, hes an important first team player - even if he isnt scoring, but he has scored in 2 of the last 3 games so hes getting back on form.

Were still waiting to see him up front with Vokes, might improve him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
CMS suffers from the same thing that Miller does at Cardiff, practically playing up front on his own with no real decent service, he was feeding on scraps like CMS does.

We will it seems always play with this tactic/formation And when you do this you need a striker who can get in behind a side and stretch a side this is what CMS does, or at least makes them worry about it, Playing Vokes for example is simple for defenders to deal with as he just plays with his back to goal, nothing to worry about behind them.
Vokes is only worth playing when like tonight you have 2 wingers to get crosses in, I just wish CMS was given more time with 2 wide men.

We will get it sorted and so will he. Hes got 3 in his last 6 and people are still all over him ! unbelievable.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Quite.

Not even fishing with the thread - just frustrated we've wasted a COLLOSAL amount of money on a player who runs around for an hour each week, gets knackered, gets subbed.

Disappointing to say the least. Anyone who thinks I'm on a wind-up for daring to suggest that the signing hasn't really worked out for the best is kidding themselves.

His only contribution tonight? Miss from 2 yards out and get substituted. And that's in the middle of his best scoring run since he joined!!

Just hope there's other teams like Reading with more money than sense.

Transfer value means very little when a player loses form. This has happened to CMS progressively since Xmas. He has been starved of chances throughout this season (because of the way we play) and his lack of goals has taken it's toll. His body language says he knows he is under-performing, even his touch has been off in recent games. His form must improve otherwise I fear he may get dropped.

CMS is a very good striker still, no doubt.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

You inital post made a bit of sense, and I actually thought for a moment your account had been hijacked. But then you come out with your usual cuntness in that line, and just show the masses what a massive knob you are. Funny how his "miss" resulted in a corner. But then I doubt if you were there to see it, and if you was, probably couldn't see if because of the bigger boys standing in front of you

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You inital post made a bit of sense, and I actually thought for a moment your account had been hijacked. But then you come out with your usual cuntness in that line, and just show the masses what a massive knob you are. Funny how his "miss" resulted in a corner. But then I doubt if you were there to see it, and if you was, probably couldn't see if because of the bigger boys standing in front of you

Presumably half the nation talking about Van Persie's miss from a similar position last night are all knobs and ***** as well

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
CMS suffers from the same thing that Miller does at Cardiff, practically playing up front on his own with no real decent service, he was feeding on scraps like CMS does.

We will it seems always play with this tactic/formation And when you do this you need a striker who can get in behind a side and stretch a side this is what CMS does, or at least makes them worry about it, Playing Vokes for example is simple for defenders to deal with as he just plays with his back to goal, nothing to worry about behind them.
Vokes is only worth playing when like tonight you have 2 wingers to get crosses in, I just wish CMS was given more time with 2 wide men.

We will get it sorted and so will he. Hes got 3 in his last 6 and people are still all over him ! unbelievable.

Good post. I agree, we are not playing to his strengths when it comes to getting him the ball but that's how we play. I would like to see a few cheeky balls over the top from midfield, giving him something to run at. Might perk him up a little. ;)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Presumably half the nation talking about Van Persie's miss from a similar position last night are all knobs and ***** as well
Slightly different chances though weren't they. Van Persie had other options and should have taken them. CMS done the only thing he could, and the keeper made a fantastic block. But them you know that anyway

Stumpy Tim

I don't think it's hard to understand. CMS doesn't fit into the way we play. I'm sure he's a good player, but it hasn't worked out. Vokes fits MUCH better into our system in my opinion. I can see why Vokes has started a couple of games ahead of CMS.

I agree with [MENTION=20206]terryberry1[/MENTION] - he'll be sold in the summer

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
IMO, CMS will only get sold if Reading go up and want him next season. Personally I want him at the club even if he is being under utilized. He is scoring again after a bad patch, and was superb for us at the beginning of the season and can be again.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Ha your complaining about CMS when your picture is off 'ryan harley'. CMS hasn't fulfilled his expectations, but he has shown he's a hard worker. But I wouldn't sell him, he's in the long run I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could it not be that Gus saw that our pattern of[play wasnt working hence the 3 substitutions and change the whole method, I think they call that Plan B which everybody on here says Gus doesn't have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here